We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to leesburg

Which Leesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Collinsville...
travel to leesburg

Is there any creative way to get to Leesburg besides airplane?

driving (seeing cool sights)

or train.

Anybody done this trip?

5 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
1. Re: travel to leesburg

A creative way to get to Leesburg from where?

The Leesburg airport is tiny; most visitors drive in to Leesburg from somewhere, whether it is Dulles Airport (about 15 minutes away) or further away.

There is no train station in Leesburg.

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 65
2. Re: travel to leesburg

As warthog asked... "from where"? I drive to Leesburg all the time, because I live about 10 minutes away. :)

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
3. Re: travel to leesburg

So you live in Ill. So...getting to Leesburg while seeing cool sites by train or driving.

Well, one question would be what would you do once you got there without a vehicle...if you took the train.

Is that an option ?

seaford, de
reviews: 75
4. Re: travel to leesburg

This may be too late to answer your question but the most creative way that I soon will be visiting is by bicycle! Use the C and O Canal towpath from Harpers Ferry or Cumberland (northernmost end) or come up from Georgetown (southernmost end) just outside of DC! You just get off the towpath at Whites Ferry, take ferry across and ride bike another 4+ miles into town.

Edited: 1:48 pm, August 11, 2013
Virginia
reviews: 38
5. Re: travel to leesburg

Well, you could take an AMTRAK train into DC's Union Station, and then a MARC transit train out to Point of Rocks, and a taxi into Leesburg. The MARC train would also take you to Harper's Ferry, which is an interesting historical site.

Reply to: travel to leesburg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Leesburg