Trip Report: Oct 1-2, 2011

My 12 year old daughter and I spent the weekend in Leesburg to attend the horse trials at Morven Park Equestrian Center and do some other fun fall activities in Leesburg. Well, the weather did not cooperate! It was miserable, raining the entire weekend and cold. So she loves horses, but is a fair weather lover of horses so we only spent 30 minutes in ponchos freezing watching the jumping. We arrived at 8:30am on Saturday so by 9:15 we were at Panera Bread getting hot chocolate and waiting for the Outlets to open. After our shopping, we decided to head into town to walk around the shops. We were hungry so we stopped at Los Tios Grill at Market Station. The food was really good and reasonably priced. Then we walked out and it was drizzling and my daughter decided she was too cold. So we went to Morven Park Mansion to take a tour. The tour was great, we were the only two people in the tour but it was very informative. We saw as we were walking up what seemed to be a wedding set up underneath this beautiful tree. We later found out on their facebook page that the wedding had to be moved to the Carriage Museum. Stinking rain! We headed to our hotel (Comfort Suites) and my daughter swam for a bit, took showers and headed to Sterling for some laser tag since a flashlight maze was out of the question at Temple Hall Farm since it was pouring. Sigh. We had a blast at LaserNation!

The next morning I woke up and it was overcast but not raining! Great, maybe we can go see some more horse jumping and head to Leesburg Animal Park for Pumpkinville. Nope, just after breakfast, RAIN! So we headed to Tysons Corner.

So not the trip we wanted but we made it work. Can't wait to visit again when the weather is better!!