We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good place to stop/stay on the way from Homestead to DC?

Which Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bethesda, MD
good place to stop/stay on the way from Homestead to DC?

We will be taking our 2 girls (age 5 and 7) to the Homestead for 2 nights. Instead of driving 4 hours home from the Homestead to the suburbs of DC in one day, we'd like to stop somewhere along the way (ideally about halfway), spend a few hours doing something fun for kids and stay over a night. Any suggestions?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 29
1. Re: good place to stop/stay on the way from Homestead to DC?

Charlottesville may work for you. Returning from the Homestead via Charlottesville (I-81 to I-64 to US 29 to I-66) as opposed to returning directly (I-81 to I-66) Should only add 20 to 30 minutes to your drive time, depending on traffic. One option for your kids is to get a room at the Omni Hotel on the downtown mall -- a pedestrian area with shops and restaurants, including a movie theater and frozen yogurt shop within a block of the hotel. Unfortunately the indoor ice skating rink that used to be directly across from the hotel is closed, but the hotel itself still has an adequate pool.

2. Re: good place to stop/stay on the way from Homestead to DC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, February 06, 2011