We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still doing research...

Which Hampton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmond, OK
reviews: 170
Still doing research...

We will be in Williamsburg/Hampton area next week. I have two hotel properties I'm debating on. IYO which is the nicer place with the better neighborhood? Spring hill suites Hampton on Powerplant prkwy or Residence Inn by the airport? Will be traveling with two kids and a husband doing CW, Busch Gardens, kayaking at First Landing, Jamestown and trying to find a nice beach to play at. Thanks for the info!

1 reply
reviews: 1
1. Re: Still doing research...

Both properties are fairly new. The Residence Inn (I've been inside---it's quite nicely appointed) is very close to the Patrick Henry Mall (a 90 second drive or a healthy 10 minute-or-less walk) and a number of restaurants. There, you'll be 10+ minutes closer to Busch Gardens, CW and Jamestown. The two closest beaches will both be sandy river beaches, one at Yorktown (where the Revolutionary War essentially came to an end) and the other at Huntington Park, by the municipal Rose Garden and the Virginia War Museum.

Springhill Suites is across from the Powerplant complex, which houses a number of restaurants, as well as Bass Pro and is a five minute drive from the Peninsula Town Center, a new shopping and dining area. The closest beaches will be Buckroe Beach, on the Chesapeake Bay, and Huntington Beach, at Huntington Park. In Hampton, you'll be closer to First Landing.

Have a great time and bring plenty of sunscreen!

Reply to: Still doing research...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted