We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to National Harbor

Which Falls Church hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomfield Hills...
reviews: 9
Transportation to National Harbor

I will be staying at the Westin Tyson Corners in Falls Church. I bought tickets for my daughter and I to see Cirque de Soleil at National Harbor. Would a taxi be the best way to get back and forth and how much would it cost? Or is there another method of transportation that would be better?

3 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 99
1. Re: Transportation to National Harbor

According to this 2009 flyer from the Gaylord National Harbor hotel, the taxi fare from the hotel to Tyson's Corner is about $47. Based on current taxi fares, I think you would be spending closer to $60.

gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-national/direction…

Unfortunately, there are no good options for public transportation between your hotel and National Harbor. It would involve 2 bus rides and 2 Metro rides and would take about 2 hours. (See the Trip Planner feature on www.wmata.com for details.)

While I think the taxi will be your best (and perhaps only) choice, you could call the concierge at your hotel to see if he/she has any other ideas.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 33
2. Re: Transportation to National Harbor

I would rent a car for the day -- it will cost less than the round trip taxi. Enterprise will even pick you up at your hotel. Taking public transit isn't really practical, as longhorn notes.

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 99
3. Re: Transportation to National Harbor

Yes, a rental car would make the most sense, especially since I see on the Westin Tyson Corner's website that they offer free self-parking. So you can park it overnight after Cirque du Soleil and won't have any added parking fees.

Reply to: Transportation to National Harbor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Falls Church