We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Falls Church for trip to Wolftrap & DC?

Which Falls Church hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Stay in Falls Church for trip to Wolftrap & DC?

My son and I are going to meet for a concert at Wolftrap on the 2nd Sunday in August. We will be arriving Thursday evening and leave Mon or Tues. I'm flying from Miami and he's driving from NC.

Does it make sense to stay in Falls Church versus DC because of the driving/parking situation in the city?

How long a drive from FC to Wolftrap on a Sunday?

How long a ride from the nearest Metro stop to, say, the Mall in DC?

Of these hotels, any recommendations?

Marriott Fairview, Homewood Suites (Hilton), Comfort Inn Gateway

Thanks for your help!

Virginia, USA
reviews: 8
1. Re: Stay in Falls Church for trip to Wolftrap & DC?

Hello iamwoman! I think Falls Church makes a lot of sense as a place to stay to attend a performance at Wolf Trap. You could catch the shuttle bus that leaves from the West Falls Church metro stop and takes you right to the front gate of Wolf Trap and then picks you up at the end of the performance for the trip back.

We've done this and it's great because getting out of the park at the end of the night can take a while depending on the popularity of the performance!

As an alternative, you might consider staying in a hotel in the Tyson's Corner area. You'd be very close to Wolf Trap and be close to lots of shopping.

I am pasting links to the Wolf Trap website which have information about transportation available.

http://www.wolftrap.org/services/metro.html

www.wolftrap.org/services/directions.html

MB

Miami, Florida
2. Re: Stay in Falls Church for trip to Wolftrap & DC?

Thanks so much, MollyB! I didn't realize there was a shuttle from the Metro stop to Wolftrap, so that piece of information is a great help. Thanks also for the websites. I'll check them out.

Virginia, USA
reviews: 8
3. Re: Stay in Falls Church for trip to Wolftrap & DC?

Glad the information was helpful. If you are in Falls Church or Tysons Corner, the trip via metro is not long to DC. I am pasting a metro website you can use to get the cost and time from one metro stop to another. I hope this will be helpful to you.

http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/stations.cfm

MB

Williamsburg, VA
reviews: 93
4. Re: Stay in Falls Church for trip to Wolftrap & DC?

My husband and I often go up to Wolf Trap for concerts, and we always stay in Falls Church--we particuarly like the Marriott Fairview - it's in a wooded corporate park, very nice rooms, very nice staff, and very reasonably priced - if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can often get a rate of ~$89 --AND parking is free. If you stay in the city, parking usually runs $15-25. You are close to a huge number of ethnic restaurvants in the Falls Church area - Chinese (including dim sum), Vietnamese, Latin American, Thai, etc. If you prefer upscale and modern, there is a VERYwell reviewed restaurant right down the street from the Marriott Fairview - 2941 Restaurant.

I would drive to Wolftrap from the Marriott - it's only about 15 minutes, and the parking is free at Wolftrap.

Have fun!

5. Re: Stay in Falls Church for trip to Wolftrap & DC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Falls Church