We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport

Which Fairfax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 6
Public transport

Thinking of staying in Residence inn fairfax or Comfort inn how easy is to get to George Mason university by public transport and other places as wont have a car

All info of Public transport around Fairfax would be grateful thanks

2 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 92
1. Re: Public transport

The following website for public transportation choices in Fairfax County should prove useful. You can use the Metro Trip Planner to find how to get around.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/connector/

Falls Church...
2. Re: Public transport

The residence inn in Fairfax City (as opposed to fair lakes?). If its that one then you can take the CUE bus where all routes terminate at GMU. Same case as the Comfort Inn. If it's the one at Fair Lakes then I'm afraid I have no idea but it'll probably be tough. Cue is run by the City of Fairfax (as opposed to the connector which is run by Fairfax County, yes its confusing and I'm sorry).

fairfaxva.gov/government/public-works/transp…

Those buses also always terminate at the other end at the Vienna Metro station which can take you into DC.

There is also a direct Mason to Metro shuttle that is express from the Metro to the Campus.

Reply to: Public transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted