We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Washington

Which Fairfax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
reviews: 17
Day trip to Washington

Hi,

Could you suggest me of some day trip tour from Fairfax (staying at Hyatt, Fairfax) for a day trip to DC including potomac river tour?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 99
1. Re: Day trip to Washington

Here's a link to the various tour companies in D.C. listed on Trip Advisor. Some of these may have full-day tours, but some are for just a few hours. Also, you may have to book a "land" tour separately from a cruise on the Potomac.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g28970-Activitie…

But, first you would have to get to D.C. as the tour companies don't pick up in Fairfax. If you are staying at the Hyatt Fairfax Fair Lakes, you are pretty far from D.C. and not near any subway stops. But, the hotel's website says they have a complimentary shuttle bus to the Vienna Metro station. Expect to spend at least an hour or more getting from your hotel to Union Station, where most of the bus tours originate.

For more info, you may want to post in the D.C. forum.

Edited: 5:21 pm, September 27, 2013
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
2. Re: Day trip to Washington

I agree with all of what Longhorn has said.

I suggest you also try to e-mail the hotel directly. They may have partnerships with smaller tour companies that pick you up at your hotel. I don't know for a fact that they offer this, but that Hyatt is large enough that it is possible.

New Delhi, India
reviews: 17
3. Re: Day trip to Washington

Thanks a lot for such a comprehensive reply.

Reply to: Day trip to Washington
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted