We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn of Fairfax

Which Fairfax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Inn of Fairfax

Can anyone tell me anything about the Inn of Fairfax? Formerly Wellesley Inn? I am a single mother trying to take her 3 children, (teens) to DC on vacation this summer. So I'm on a buget. I found the Inn of Fairfax to be one of the cheaper places but can't find out much about it. When I called they said that it had been remodeled?

Any advice on where to stay for under $100 a night, that isn't a dump would be greatly appreciated. We plan on using the metro once we arrive as I've heard horror stories about driving and parking in DC.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 135
1. Re: Inn of Fairfax

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I really should look at the VA forum more frequently. While I've never been inside this hotel, I'm surprised to hear that it is being remodeled because, IMO, it's not that old. It's on a busy highway (Route 29/50) and right next to --IMO anyway, the best Red Lobster in Northern Virginia. On the same side of the street heading east is Esposito's which is a great Italian restaurant. The closest Metro station is Vienna on the orange line. If you are going to be there during a weekday, you will have to get there really early -- if you are driving-- it's no exaggeration to say that the parking lots at this station fill up by 6 a.m.! Also, it costs to park the car during the week but on weekends it is free. For more info---www.wmata.com Does the hotel provide free local transportation? If so, then they could shuttle you to the Metro station. Also, "Cue" buses go by this hotel so you could get to Metro that way. For more info--http://www.fairfaxva.gov/CUEBUS/CUEBus.asp To find other hotel rooms in your price range--check out Expedia. Plug in your dates and search the Washington, DC metro area. Just note--if you find any hotels in DC proper that are incredibly cheap, it should raise a red flag--they are either fleabag dumps or in bad areas. Post back if you have anymore questions.

North Carolina
2. Re: Inn of Fairfax

Thanks for the info. I am glad to hear that the place isn't that old. That is what was worrying me. We don't want anything extravagant.

Just some place decent. I'm glad to hear that the Red Lobster is a good one. All of the kids love seafood.

Yes we are going to take the cue bus to the station. I had already checked into that. But thanks for the advice about being at the lot so early if we did decide to park there.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 135
3. Re: Inn of Fairfax

You're welcome---enjoy your stay!

4. Re: Inn of Fairfax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 15, 2009