We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area has cheaper hotels, restaurants.

Which Fairfax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
reviews: 32
Which area has cheaper hotels, restaurants.

I am coming from Indiana and can stay anywhere North, West, or South. I would like to remain outside the beltway, but close to a metro station(walking distance).

Does anyone prefer Gaithersburg, Vienna, or Franconia/Springfield area?

Washington DC...
reviews: 51
1. Re: Which area has cheaper hotels, restaurants.

Will you have a car to rely on to go out to places to eat from your hotel, or do you need to stay within walking distance of Metro AND food?

BTW, staying outside the city is a VERY common topic in the D.C. Forum. Have you done your research there?

Edited: 8:15 am, January 21, 2010
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 141
2. Re: Which area has cheaper hotels, restaurants.

In Virginia, the Franconia/Springfield area is cheaper than Vienna, but Vienna is in my view a lot nicer. There is a hotel at the corner Nutley and Maple Ave. It is about 1 from the Vienna metro. There are some reviews on TA tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60996-d120588-… I haven't stayed there but know the area very well and it's very nice.

Silvia

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee
reviews: 38
3. Re: Which area has cheaper hotels, restaurants.

Yes, Vienna is nicer and close to more malls and shops than you could possibly visit in the next month or two. Just around the beltway from Tysons Corner/Vienna is Fairfax City. If memory serves me it's a little older with more kind of aging accomodations which would be more competitive, but decent. Maybe along Hwy. 50 or just off I - 66, both of which will take you right in to the heart of D.C.

4. Re: Which area has cheaper hotels, restaurants.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 21, 2010