We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a hotel/guesthouse with kitchen + internet

Which Fairfax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HK
Looking for a hotel/guesthouse with kitchen + internet

I'll be staying with a friend in Fairfax, VA for about a week in early October. I'm now looking for a hotel/guesthouse where simple kitchen facilities and internet service are provided. Great if somebody can give me some recommendation of these hotels/guesthouse.

Washington DC...
reviews: 51
1. Re: Looking for a hotel/guesthouse with kitchen + internet

You need to be very specific with where in Fairfax. Fairfax is huge, and different people have a different definition of what is Fairfax; Fairfax County, City of Fairfax, Fairfax around City of Fairfax, etc.

There will be countless options for a hotel, so find out from your friend a major crossroad/intersection that would be convenient and then we can help further.

HK
2. Re: Looking for a hotel/guesthouse with kitchen + internet

Many thanks for responding! In fact, it'll be great if the hotel/guesthouse is situated somewhere near the Fairfax City, Vienna and also not far away from the Metro line. Do you have some recommendations?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
3. Re: Looking for a hotel/guesthouse with kitchen + internet

The area of the Vienna / Fairfax Metro has very few hotels, as it is heavily residential. I am not aware of any within walking distance of that Metro station.

If you go in towards D.C. on the Metro from Vienna / Fairfax, at the next station (Dunn Loring) there is one hotel next to that Metro station. It has internet service, and free breakfast food, but no kitchen facilities. The hotel is called the Courtyard by Marriott Dunn Loring Fairfax. It is nice hotel and is a good option if you can live without a kitchen.

I think the closest hotel that has both a kitchen and internet is the Residence Inn By Marriott Fairfax Merrifield. It is about two miles ( 3 km) from the Dunn Loring station, along a fairly busy road. You could walk between the two, but it is not a very nice walk.

If you do not need to be close to Metro, there are other hotels further west on the other side of Fairfax City, or further north on the othe side of Vienna. If you provide a cross street near where your friend is, we may be able to recommend other options.

HK
4. Re: Looking for a hotel/guesthouse with kitchen + internet

Thanks Warthog for your advice. Many thanks for recommending Residence Inn Fairfax Merrified which is a good choice for me! It'll be perfect if you could also provide me with some other similar places further west of Fairfax City or further north of Vienna for consideration! It'll be fine if it's not near the metro so long as there's a connection bus to get to the train station nearby.

5. Re: Looking for a hotel/guesthouse with kitchen + internet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 17, 2010