We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from bwi

Which Fairfax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
niagara falls
transportation from bwi

i am flying in to Baltimore on a Saturday and need to see if there is any transportation to Fairfax VA. Besides renting a car, any suggestions?

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 135
1. Re: transportation from bwi

Where exactly in Fairfax? There are some Metrobuses, Fairfax Connector Buses and Cue Buses that go into Fairfax but they don't cover the whole area.

Getting from BWI to Fairfax on a Saturday using public transportation, can be quite time consuming (all this assuming there is bus service to the part of Fairfax you want to go to). Since you're arriving on a Saturday, it would involve taking an Amtrak train to Union Station in DC. Once there, you would have to take Metro to Metro Center and transfer to an orange line train heading to Vienna. Then Depending on where in Fairfax you're going, you would have to get off at a station close to the end of the line.

niagara falls
2. Re: transportation from bwi

Thanks for your help - i will be going to the Patriot Center - is there any car rental agencies near there - maybe get a oneway car rental from bwi. I am meeting people there so I will have transportation back to the airport on sunday.

Washington DC...
reviews: 51
3. Re: transportation from bwi

The Patriot Center is on the Campus of George Mason University. This is served by the Cue Bus that also serves much of Fairfax and goes to the Vienna Metro station.

4. Re: transportation from bwi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, October 22, 2009