We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safe area

Which Fairfax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
swansea wales
reviews: 4
safe area

Hi we are going to be staying at the holiday inn express for 3 nights at the end of April 08 - I am

wondering how safe is the area of Fairfax

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 136
1. Re: safe area

The Holiday Inn Express at 10327 Lee Hwy? If so, yes the area is safe. In fact, you're right next door to the best Red Lobster in Northern Virginia! Plus, go east on Lee Hwy for just a short distance and you will come across Esposito's--our favorite Italian restaurant in the DC Metro area!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 134
2. Re: safe area

Fairfax County is for the most part very safe. If you have a car, drive around, go to Fairfax Corner, nice shops and excelent restaurants. I highly recommend Coastal Flats (I prefer this one in Fairfax Corner than the one in Tysons Corner though). There are many nice restaurants and shops also in Fairfax City.

If you like Chinese Food and again, you have a car, I highly recommend a little known restaurant in the Fairfax/Vienna Area (PanAm Shopping Center at the corner of Lee Highway and Nuttley). We've been eaten there for 18 years now, and it's the best chinese in the area.

swansea wales
reviews: 4
3. Re: safe area

thank you both for your replys - its always nice to know that an area is safe and have wonderful restaurants also - hope the weather will also be good!!!

Kernersville, North...
reviews: 7
4. Re: safe area

I grew up in Fairfax and my entire family still lives in the area. Like any other urban area, you need to be careful about flashing large wads of cash, leaving valuables in plain sight, etc., but generally it is a very safe area.

The most recent court cases reported involve tax evasion, bribery, vandalism, etc.

Tysons Corner is a large shopping area about a 20 minute drive from where you will be staying. It is very popular because of the stores, but that also makes it a popular target for theft, particularly from vehicles parked at shopping centers. Again, if you keep your things close and pay attention to your surroundings, you will be just fine. Robberies, when they do occur, tend to occur late at night.

If you will be traveling to Washington, DC proper from DC, I highly recommend taking the Metro. Bus and subway (underground) are both safe, efficient, and cheap.

5. Re: safe area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 12, 2009