We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Which Fairfax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 16
weather

I am visiting Fairfax in October and am wondering what the weather will be like,also could anyone reccomend a good restuarant fpr a 40th birthday party for 10 people approx.Thanks in advance.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 25
1. Re: weather

Hi:

It depends whether you're coming in early October or late October because in early October, you can still get a 70 degree day (22 C). In late October, it could be more like 55 degrees (12 C) during the day. At night it will likely be in the 40s (6-9 degrees C), again, depending when you're here.

For the restaurant, Fairfax is pretty large. Do you know what part of Fairfax and about how much you want to spend?

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 135
2. Re: weather

In other words--are you referring to Fairfax City or Fairfax County. If it is the latter, which town specifically?

Ireland
3. Re: weather

I am arriving on 11th oct and am staying in Hilton Garden Inn.I would not be too worried about the price of the Restuarants as long as we a good time with good food and wine.Thanks for your help so far.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
4. Re: weather

The Hilton Garden Inn at 3950 Fair Ridge Dr. in Fairfax? If so, you do have some good options nearby. The hotel will shuttle you to the Fair Oaks Mall which has some restaurants. There is Texas de Brazil, a Brazillian steakhouse. It's expensive and TBH, I wasn't impressed with it. There is also a Cheesecake Factory--great cheesesteak, ok food. A Japanese buffet place, Todai is there as well as a Pizzeria Uno. If you have a car, head east on Route 50 to Esposito's which I consider to be one of the best local Italian restaurants--they make a great zucchini fritti! Further east on Route 50 near Fairfax Circle is Artie's (www.greatamericanrestaurants.com)--American cuisine. Hope this is of some help.

Ireland
5. Re: weather

Thanks for all your help,do you have any info on the Auld Shebeen Pub.Being Irish I am Tempted.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
6. Re: weather

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about Auld Shebeen...

7. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 04, 2009