We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bag Wrapping Dulles

Which Dulles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 1
Bag Wrapping Dulles

Hi

I'm flying from DC to Johannesburg and would like to plastic wrap by bags. In South Africa there are places at the airport where this can be done. I plan to have a duffle bag and don't what it to be torn or cut into.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 33
1. Re: Bag Wrapping Dulles

I'm not aware of any place that offers true bag wrapping services (in terms of wrapping your bags in shrink wrap / cellophane stretch wrap that clings tightly to the bag) at Dulles. I'm not even sure the TSA would permit this, as they want to be able to inspect every bag after you check it.

I think most of the US carriers do offer large plastic bags that are fairly impervious to tearing -- we regularly use them to enclose our kids' car seats. They knot these off at the top so TSA can open them if needed. If you are flying United I know they have them; all you have to do is ask and they'll provide them (sometimes grumbling about the extra work of having to go get one). But I've never flown South African Airways (who I'm guessing you're flying) so I can't tell you if this is something they will offer.

Edited: 7:36 pm, July 15, 2013
Ruckersville...
reviews: 74
2. Re: Bag Wrapping Dulles

May want to check with the TSA and see what is allowed. you know they probably will want to check your bags.

3. Re: Bag Wrapping Dulles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, March 07, 2015