We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel w/shuttle to/from Dulles airport

Which Dulles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thousand Oaks, CA
reviews: 11
Hotel w/shuttle to/from Dulles airport

I am flying into Washington Dulles in June with my husband and two children (ages 5, 8). We need a hotel for one night that has a shuttle so we can pick up the rental car the next day. My husband is very sensitive to sound so I'm looking for something where we won't hear the airplanes at night. Would love to get something clean and new for under $200. Any advice? I don't know the cities Reston? Herndon? Chantilly? thanks!

York, PA
reviews: 27
1. Re: Hotel w/shuttle to/from Dulles airport

One hotel in the area that I have heard lots of good things about is the new Embassy Suites Dulles North/Loudon (Ashburn, VA) on Waxpool St. It is a very nice and affordable suite hotel that offers an airport shuttle. A manager's reception with snacks and beverages is offered during a two hour period each evening and a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast is served each morning in the hotel's beautifully landscaped atrium lobby. The layout of the room is great for families with children. The rooms are clean and spacious two-room suites. I would highly recommend staying at this excellent hotel and hope that you enjoy your stay.

York, PA
reviews: 27
2. Re: Hotel w/shuttle to/from Dulles airport

Here is a link to the Embassy Suites' webpage: …hilton.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml… Enjoy!

USA
reviews: 40
3. Re: Hotel w/shuttle to/from Dulles airport

I know this may sound like a dumb question--but has he tried earplugs? I too and sensitive to sound when at hotels and learned that earplugs are essential.

Thousand Oaks, CA
4. Re: Hotel w/shuttle to/from Dulles airport

Thanks for the info on the Embassy suites. I should have mentioned that I did call them and they are charging $209/nt on Thursday, the night we need the hotel. While it is probably worth it, especially in D.C., their rate drops to $109 on Friday and Saturday, so it is hard to swallow. I had hoped they would offer AAA or some break, but no. Anyhow, it seems as if it is the most recommended by Trip Advisor, so we may end up there.

Thank you also to Middle Aged Man (love your screen name). Yes, my husband does use earplugs at home and in hotels (we have two small children!), he just has a philosophical problem with paying $200 plus for a noisy hotel! But your advice is sound! Thanks!

USA
reviews: 40
5. Re: Hotel w/shuttle to/from Dulles airport

I understand.

The problem is there is always some obnoixous drunk that's also willing to pay $200 to rent the room right next to you.

Virginia
reviews: 6
6. Re: Hotel w/shuttle to/from Dulles airport

I have nothing but good things to say about the Embassy Suites in Ashburn. I live in Ashburn, and I recently rented a room there at the $109 rate for my son's 13th bithday party. He and 3 of his friends (and my husband and I as chaperones) spent the afternoon swimming in the clean, attractive indoor pool at the hotel. Then the happy hour drinks and generous snack bar were free. I particularly enjoyed the hot little horsd'erves they served. I think it was a crab puff of some kind. Plus there was warm nacho sauce for chips and veggies and dip. The kids all had several soft drinks in the lounge, and I really enjoyed the FREE long island ice teas. The bartender was a nice guy, and he was generous with the alcohol. Then the room was plenty big for the 4 boys to enjoy an evening of video games in the "living room" while my husband and I enjoyed watching TV in the other room, where we were close enough to maintain order. We ordered pizza from the local Pizza Hut. The amazing thing was, you couldn't even hear the kids laughing and carrying on outside of our hotel room. And just in general, the place seemed very quiet. The kids all had a blast, and while I must say, all 4 are well behaved boys , they didn't seem to disturb anyone else in the hotel. Then, the breakfast was phenomenal. The kids all had exactly what they wanted, including omelettes made to order, french toast, pretty much anything you could want for breakfast. What a great sleep over. Perfect stay, really.

Thousand Oaks, CA
7. Re: Hotel w/shuttle to/from Dulles airport

Thanks for all the info about the Embassy Suites near the airport. I do have a room booked there but the rate is $209 because it is a Thursday night. Friday and Saturday nights they offer the $109 rate which is much more in our budget, but with such great reviews I guess we'll just splash out. Thanks everyone for all the great info.

Fairfax
8. Re: Hotel w/shuttle to/from Dulles airport

Try out the Staybridge Suites in Chantilly. It's a newer hotel. that also has transportation to/from the airport. Check out their website - www.staybridge.com/chantilly. Their prices tend to be more reasonable than Embassy Suites with many of the same amenities.

Thousand Oaks, CA
9. Re: Hotel w/shuttle to/from Dulles airport

Thanks to everyone for their input. We have just returned from our trip. We did stay at the Embassy Suites in Ashburn and it was wonderful. I would highly recommend it. I will also look into Staybridge Suites from now on too though. Many thanks.