We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a mid-day napping place near Dulles airport

Which Dulles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 26
Looking for a mid-day napping place near Dulles airport

My family which includes two young children will be flying back to Portland, OR from Johannesburg this summer. Our South African Airways flight will land at 10:20 am but our departing flight to Portland isn't until 5:45 pm. I am wondering whether anyone has found a place to nap during the middle of the day in the area? Hotels don't like to guarantee a room with check-in available so early and napping in the airport (chapel?) seems to be unlikely in the middle of the day. I suspect we will be wiped out by the time we get back to the U.S. and would just like to find a place where we know we can relax and perhaps take a short nap. I expect that I'll pay a night's lodging and am certainly expecting the money will be well-spent if we get some rest.

Thanks for any and all recommendations!

M Dex

1 reply
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 29
1. Re: Looking for a mid-day napping place near Dulles airport

I'd call the Dulles Marriott, and ask if thy have a day rate. Sometimes hotels by international airports will sell you a room from 9 AM to 5 PM, but usually you need to book by phone because websites aren't set up to handle it. I'd also try the Hyatt Dulles, and maybe Westin Dulles and Westfields Marriott. All are bigger, nicer hotels, catering to business travellers. If you find one that offers it please post the details -- this question has come up before, and has never been definitively answered for IAD.

Reply to: Looking for a mid-day napping place near Dulles airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted