We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to the Air and Space Museum

Which Dulles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Juan, Puerto...
How to get to the Air and Space Museum

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to DC and would like to visit the Air and Space Museum: Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. I will not be renting a car. Is there any public transportation I can take in DC?

Thanks,

Yvonne

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
1. Re: How to get to the Air and Space Museum

This issue has been beaten to death several times over on the D.C. forum. This thread has lots of details:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k313537…

The short answer is:

1. There is a public shuttle bus from Dulles Airport to the museum.

2. You can take either Metro Bus 5A to Dulles, or the Washington Flyer coach from the West Falls Church Metro to Dulles, and then transfer.

3. It's a long trip with many moving parts, given how far out of D.C. the museum is.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions after reading the linked thread.

Ashburn, VA
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
2. Re: How to get to the Air and Space Museum

Udvar-Hazy is an amazing museum. The size of it enables them to present so many enormous pieces of aircaraft. It is a great place to visit, even if you are not someone totally into planes, etc. Enjoy your trip, no matter how you get there.

San Juan, Puerto...
3. Re: How to get to the Air and Space Museum

Thanks to both of you for replying.

I went into the thread that warthog suggested and there is a lot of comments in relation to this question. I'll keep in mind when I'm planning the how to get to the museum. I already have many ideas.

OK, if I were to decide to rent a car, getting a GPS would be the best way to get to the museum. What address should I input into the GPS? If I don't get to rent a car with a GPS, what is the route I should follow?

Thanks again for all the help.

Yvonne

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
4. Re: How to get to the Air and Space Museum

This web page has the address you need and the driving directions from D.C.: …si.edu/visit/directions/directions_uhc.cfm

If you do rent a car, it's VERY easy to find -- take I-66 west to Route 28 north. You can't miss it once on Route 28. The hardest part of your trip would be finding your way to I-66 from whatever hotel you choose, and they should be able to help you with that at the front desk.

5. Re: How to get to the Air and Space Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 11, 2010