We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner

Which Dulles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
dinner

will be on business in the area 24th-26th september..staying at hyatt dulles. and good local restaurants to recommend? ill have a car so doesnt have to be TOO close to hotel..do not want chain restaurant.tks

Leesburg, Virginia
reviews: 91
1. Re: dinner

There are tons of restaurants near you or a decent drive. Just look at google maps, you are in a great location. I don't eat down in Herndon too much because I live a bit west of there, but here are the few that I do drive down there to eat at:

Angeethi (Indian cuisine)

645 Elden Street, Herndon, VA

Hard Times Cafe (it is a chain though, but I love their chili)

428 Elden St

Herndon, VA 20170

Zeffirelli (Italian cuisine)

728 Pine St

Herndon, VA 20170

Rio Grande Cafe (Mexican)

1827 Library St, Reston, VA

This is in Reston Town Center which is a neat little shopping plaza with restaurants and shops.

McCormick and Schmick's (seafood, chain, but excellent)

11920 Democracy Dr, Reston, VA

Also in Reston Town Center

Enjoy!

Leesburg, Virginia
2. Re: dinner

Forgot one!

Clydes! It is in Reston Town Center too!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
3. Re: dinner

tks so much for your quick reply,

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
4. Re: dinner

tks so much for your quick reply,

Leesburg, Virginia
5. Re: dinner

Thought of a few more if you are willing to drive a little further.

Hooked (seafood, really great sushi, I recommend the PGA roll, sit at the bar for good bar tender conversation)

20789 Great Falls Plaza, Sterling, VA 20165

Lebanese Taverna (local chain, outstanding mezza, Tyson's Corner has tons of high end shopping, two malls, Google Tyson's galleria and Tyson's corner center)

Tyson Corner Galleria

1840G International Dr, McLean, VA 22102

Sorrento Grill (Mediterranean)

2443 Centreville Rd # G2, Herndon, VA

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
6. Re: dinner

thks suzi..ive heard of tysons corner down here in texas..i might go check it out..

Washington DC...
reviews: 51
7. Re: dinner

Be cautious with Tysons Corner-it can be a horrible place to drive around. Massive shopping mall, combined with hi-rise condos, and office buildings everywhere. One car dealership after another and strip shopping centers all on a divided highway that is a major commuter route with one traffic light after another.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
8. Re: dinner

geez..we got that here in DFW..maybe ill avoid it..when you think about it i guess its just another mall

Leesburg, Virginia
9. Re: dinner

I read on the VA forum where someone directed you to Tuskies in Leesburg. I would have to give that one two thumbs up as well. It didn't occur to me to direct you over to Leesburg. Tuskies, and their sister restaurant in Purcellville, called Magnolia's, are two of my very favorite places to eat. Both one of a kind.

If you want to see a more charming side of northern VA and avoid the crowds like at Tyson's, Leesburg is an excellent choice. It will be easy to reach, just go north on 28 to west on 7. Or jump on the toll road and go west to the end. The Dulles Greenway dumps you in Leesburg.

Leesburg has lots of antique shops, a wine shop and other little shops in the historic district. http://www.leesburgva.com/visitors/ Then over on the east side are the Premium Outlets if you want to do any shopping. www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp… http://www.daytrippingmetro.com/leesburg.htm

If you feel like a drive, go west on route 7...you can go probably much further than you would want to on a business trip, but it would give you a glimpse of some gorgeous VA countryside. If you are in the mood for a little hike, head to Bear's Den for a quick and easy hike to some gorgeous views. www.pbase.com/nature_pix_me/image/82657301

I hope you have fun while you are here!

10. Re: dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 pm, October 08, 2009