We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need hotel

Which Dulles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lac du Flambeau...
reviews: 194
need hotel

We are taking our folks to the WWII monument in late April and are looking for a hotel close to Dulles. We'd like to keep the cost under $100. Any recs for lodging and a good place for dinner?

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 23
1. Re: need hotel

There are many hits for hotels under $100 if you do a search on Expedia or similar site. Reston, Sterling, Dulles, Chantilly, Herndon: they're all nice areas close to the airport. Example is SpringHill Suites in Herndon is offering $59 for a studio king (advance purchase, or $69 regular rate).

Restaurant recommendations will be easier once you narrow down what neighborhood you'll be staying in.

Lac du Flambeau...
reviews: 194
2. Re: need hotel

I'm thinking Sterling or Herndon...

Washington DC...
reviews: 51
3. Re: need hotel

Going to Sterling isn't going to put you any closer to D.C.-you will just be going North from the Airport. I would stay in Herndon, or Reston-at least that puts you closer to D.C. I am not sure what the hotels are around Reston Town Center-I am sure others will answer, but there are certainly a lot of good dining options there.

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 23
4. Re: need hotel

Reston Town Center is a great option for dinner that's easily accessible from Herndon. You can see the full list at their website:

http://www.restontowncenter.com/dining.html

DH & I usually go for Rio Grande, Clyde's or McCormick & Schmick's, but we've eaten at just about every restaurant and like them all.

I'm not as familiar with independent establishments right in Herndon, but I have been to the Ice House Cafe and enjoyed it. There's Zeffirelli Ristorante for upscale Italian. We also go to Bertucci's, but that's a chain. Some people really like the Tortilla Factory, but I'm not as smitten with it. I like Los Toltecos in Sterling better for authentic Mexican.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
5. Re: need hotel

I've stayed at a variety of hotels around Dulles...check out my profile for a list and more comprehensive review.

If it is a weekend you might find the Hilton Washington Dulles a good deal. I've booked through Hilton.com and paid less than $90 for the night. There isn't anything in the area to walk to in terms of restaurants and I think the shuttle just goes back and forth to the airport.

Last time we stayed at the Embassy Suites North. Nice place and was just beside a new little strip mall with some good eateries. Sala Thai comes recommended.

The Hyatt Regency at Reston is probably the nicest hotel I've stayed at in the Dulles vicinity (not to be confused with the Hyatt Dulles which is rubbish!) and does have a small shopping centre with some restaurants and a cinema.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
6. Re: need hotel

Just remembered, there is a brand new Hampton Inn on Route 28 just north of Dulles. Looked pretty nice for a Hampton Inn both from the outside and on the website.

DC
reviews: 31
7. Re: need hotel

The route 28 corridor immediately north of Dulles has a few new hotels (per the prior post).

Most are heavily used business hotels during the week and all should have weekend rates. I would call and ask and let them know you are pricing them out.

There is a very nice Residence Inn for example, and I know there is a new Springhill. If there is a new Hampton I would price that too.

The advantage to being right on 28 is easy access to IAD and route 267 (toll road) that takes you into DC.

I always eat at the Wegmans grocery store - when I stay in this area.

You should check out this Air and Space Museum - branch that is right by Dulles.

http://www.nasm.si.edu/udvarhazy/

8. Re: need hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 22, 2009