We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike rental in October

Which Chincoteague Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bay Village, Ohio
reviews: 18
Bike rental in October

My daughter and I are visiting Chincoteague over Columbus Day weekend and are hoping that there will still be companies renting bikes for our use. Does anyone know if the bike rental companies stay open that late. It will be Oyster Festival weekend, so we are hoping to visit that, too.

Chincoteague...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Bike rental in October

There are only a couple of bike rentals on the island that are privately owned and operated. The rest are operated by hotels, although not all hotels offer bike rentals. That late in the year you might not find any of the privately owned businesses open. Although some will open for holidays like Columbus Day. Try Jus'Bikes, on Maddox Blvd, accross from Marias Resturant, Or you could try the Refuge Motor Inn. They have a bike rental right next door and I'm pretty sure they will be able to help. I would call ahead just to make sure though. Both places are listed.

Bay Village, Ohio
2. Re: Bike rental in October

Thanks,I will contact them. We have rented a condo on the marina side, so I don't know if a hotel will rent to us if we are not staying there. Does it get crowded over Columbus Day weekend? Relatively?

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
reviews: 13
3. Re: Bike rental in October

It's pretty crowded for post-season, but certainly not like the height of summer. The weather is usually beautiful then! The bike rental at the Refuge Hotel (right next to McDonald's, just outside the refuge) is open through Thanksgiving weekend - as are most of the bike rental places on the island. Even though it's connected to the hotel, they rent bikes to anyone with an i.d. and are the closest to the beach.

Bay Village, Ohio
4. Re: Bike rental in October

Thanks so much! That is great to know!

5. Re: Bike rental in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, March 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Chincoteague Island