We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help choose between Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello?!

Which Charlottesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Help choose between Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello?!

Ah its probably that I am 5 months pregnant, but I just cannot choose between the two (Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello)! I would have chosen Clifton Inn, was it not for the $345/night price tag :(

We are visiting from Los Angeles. My parents live in Harrisonburg, and will be watching our 1 1/2 year old while we take a MUCH needed romantic weekend away (i.e. 2 days without crying, wiping food off of everything, diapers, lack of sleep, etc).

We want to stay close to Cville (no more than a 15 minute drive), which I think both of these Inns are? We will probably eat most meals out in town.

We want countryside, quiet, deer on the lawn, yummy homey breakfast - you know...everything that LA is not! We need a break from our big, crazy, superficial (did I say that??), LA life. Does anyone have a preference or a good reason to choose one over the other??

The Inn at Monticello looks sooo charming - very old southern and homey. Foxfields looks more luxurious....and I just can't decide! Help!?! ;) THANK YOU in advance!!!

Los Angeles...
1. Re: Help choose between Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello?!

Might I add, it will be during our 5 year anniversary :)

Also - should we just splurge on Clifton Inn?

Los Angeles...
2. Re: Help choose between Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello?!

Oh and lastly - we would like to be close because we will be spending most of the time in Charlottesville proper. We may venture out to do a hike, but I think most of the time we will be exploring the town.

Los Angeles...
3. Re: Help choose between Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello?!

No one? :(

Charlottesville VA
4. Re: Help choose between Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello?!

Dear LAtraveller22 we would love to have you stay with us at Foxfield Inn. Of course we would choose ourselves but we do offer a countryside location and can give you the relaxing experience it sounds like you are looking for. We are a bit further from downtown Charlottesville than The Inn at Monticello but closer than Clifton Inn. We are approximately a 12-15 minute drive - and a straight shot from our place to town - no turns except out of our driveway. We hope to see you when you visit Charlottesville. (Inn at Monticello is approximately 10-12 mintues from central downtown)

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Charlottesville
reviews: 39
5. Re: Help choose between Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello?!

I think many of us didn't answer because you have a very hard decision to make! I have never stayed at either (because I am a local) however, I have been inside the Inn at Monticello and frequently drive by the Foxfield Inn. If a countryside location is important, I think the Foxfield Inn will be your best choice.

My husband and I try to stay at B&B's whenever possible and have found that price often doesn't reflect the experience. I think you're making a wise choice and now you'll have extra money to spend "on the town"!

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Help choose between Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello?!

Thank you!! I just want to make the best of our time there. We have had some not so great experiences booking places before seeing them.

I think no matter what I choose, it will be awesome!

Edited: 11:23 pm, May 16, 2013
Charlottesville...
reviews: 31
7. Re: Help choose between Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello?!

Did you consider the Boars Head Inn?

Charlottesville...
reviews: 103
8. Re: Help choose between Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello?!

The Inn at Monticello is only 4 mins. from the downtown mall and it is 3 mins, to the Saunders hiking trail which leads to Monticello. It is a nice hike thru the woods and less then a 5% grade. Enjoy your stay in "The Hook".

Los Angeles...
9. Re: Help choose between Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello?!

Thanks! It's hard to tell in the photos - but does monticello inn still feel like its sort of secluded and in the countryside a bit? I want to wake up to birds chirping, rolling hills, deer on the lawn....you catch my drift :)

Charlottesville...
reviews: 103
10. Re: Help choose between Foxfield Inn or The Inn At Monticello?!

The Inn is about 100 yards if the read. I drive past it in my way ti work and see deer in the lawn fairly often. I am a C-ville native and am happy to answer any if your questions.