We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cabins at Crabtree Falls- Have you stayed here?

Which Charlottesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio
reviews: 1
The Cabins at Crabtree Falls- Have you stayed here?

I am planning on renting a cabin for a weekend at The Cabins of Crabtree Falls in Tyro near the base of Crab Tree Falls and would appreciate opinions or reviews of the cabins and area. We will be taking our 8 and 10-year-old kids. We plan to hike to the falls - any other trails or hikes (kid-friendly) or activities to recommend? Thanks!

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Charlottesville
reviews: 39
1. Re: The Cabins at Crabtree Falls- Have you stayed here?

I have never stayed in the cabins. The hike is is wonderful- incredible views of the waterfalls along the whole hike. . If it's been raining, be careful on the slippery rocks and I can't stress enough the need to not wander off the trail. If your children are good hikers, they shouldn't have any problems. Plan on 2-3 hours for the hike. There are multiple places to take a rest, if needed. I would bring snacks for the top. I'm not sure how long you'll be in the area but my kids loved hiking Sugar Hollow when they were that age, as well as many hikes off of Skyline Drive.

…virginia.edu/html/insider/todo_camping.htm

Brunswick, Maryland
reviews: 43
2. Re: The Cabins at Crabtree Falls- Have you stayed here?

Take a look at my review and pictures at "The Cabins at Crabtree Falls" in this site.

3. Re: The Cabins at Crabtree Falls- Have you stayed here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 04, 2013