We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Expo Feb 9

Which Chantilly hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Williamsburg...
reviews: 13
Wine Expo Feb 9

We will be attending the wine expo at the convention center. Can any one recommend a good restaurant in close proximity to the convention center.

No chains please.

If not. How far is the nearest non-chain restaurant.

Washington DC...
reviews: 51
1. Re: Wine Expo Feb 9

Yes! I work literally across the street from the Dulles Expo-

Here are my suggestions:

For general food, i.e., American Bistro fare- Eggspectations restaurant is wonderful. http://www.eggspectations.com/

From the intersection at Willard Road and VA 28 where the expo center is, go one intersection south on 28 to Westfields Blvd. Exit going to the right, where you will see an Amerisuites hotel. Turn left onto Stonecroft blvd, and then an immediate left behind the gas station and this will put you in a shopping center that backs up to 28.

If you like Thai, there is an amazing place that makes Washingtonian's best cheap eats list-Thai Basil

To get there, on Willard road, cross VA rt. 28 and turn right on Lee Road. At the end of Lee Road you turn left on Rt. 50/Lee Jackson Hwy. At the next light there is a shopping center to the left. Thai Basil is in there to the far left.

Also good in the same shopping center is Picante-some of the best Mexican in the area. If you like Indian, Minerva is also good-again in the same shopping center.

If you are not interested in driving, and like BBQ, Willards is within walking distance of the expo center. It is on the very end of the shopping center that runs in front of the expo center. There is also a rest. in the hotel in front of the EC, but I am not sure what it is. It used to be a Houlihans, but they have changed recently.

If there is anything more specific you are interested in, or you want to venture a little further, I can give you more ideas.

Williamsburg...
2. Re: Wine Expo Feb 9

Can you give me your opinion of the westfield Marriott. Have you eaten at any of the restaurants in that hotel. How far is this hotel from the Dulles expo? We are thinking about driving to Bethesda to eat at. If you can suggest something closer. That would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Washington DC...
3. Re: Wine Expo Feb 9

Boy, this is post is right up my alley!

I had my wedding at Westfields Marriott. It is a beautiful hotel, but I am not a big fan of overpriced pretentious hotel food. Driving from Bethesda to eat there-you could spend your money better elsewhere for a fantastic meal. If hotel dining is your thing, certainly check it out. It is a very pretty and elegant place.

The hotel is a 5 minute drive from the expo center. Cross 28 on Willard road, turn left on Lee road, drive past the National Reconnaissance Office, at the next light, go straight and then take the first left into the hotel.

Washington DC...
4. Re: Wine Expo Feb 9

Sorry, I misread-Bethesda is quite a way away from Dulles Expo. You will drive at least 45 min to an hour out of your way.

What exactly are you looking for? If you are looking for some upscale dining, you don't need to go as far as Bethesda.

Williamsburg...
5. Re: Wine Expo Feb 9

Hubby and I are going for our Valentines day celebration early. Would like some nearby restaurant advice. Thanks again

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 23
6. Re: Wine Expo Feb 9

In nearby Herndon there's:

Ice House Cafe

http://www.icehousecafe.com/

and also Zeffirelli's, which is managed by Nino, a Sicilian from Letojanni (just north of Taormina). He will take good care of you if you're in the mood for Italian. They import their ingredients, so it really does taste like authentic Italian and not an American's attempt at it.

http://www.zeffirelliristorante.com/

In nearby Fair Lakes, we just love Sakura Japanese Steakhouse. It's a local chain, not a national one, so it doesn't have that corporate feel. Gets busy around 6-ish with families. If you can wait until 8, you might have more elbow room. They also take reservations.

http://www.sakurasteakhouse.com/sub4.htm

In Great Falls there's L'Auberge Chez Francois if you want to do it up big for your celebration. Reservations absolutely necessary. If this is what you decide on, call asap.

http://www.laubergechezfrancois.com/

But if you think you've found something interesting in Bethesda, it's not so terrible a drive. It's not quite as long a drive as say going down to the Beach from Williamsburg. And it's a very neat area.

Williamsburg...
7. Re: Wine Expo Feb 9

The italian restaurant sounds lovely. We lived in Sicily for 6 years so authentic Italian would be very refreshing. How far would you say this restaurant is from The Westfield Marriott? Do I need to make a reservations?

Thanks again.

Has anyone ever attended this wine expo before. I have never been to an indoor wine tasting before.

Any reviews would be great.

I don't have my heart set on Bathesda. I just assumed it was probably my best bet for a variety of restaurants. The drive is not something I want to do unless I absolutely have to.

Ashburn, Virginia
8. Re: Wine Expo Feb 9

Your screen name is why I mentioned it. ;)

I would make reservations if you're going on a weekend. It's about a 15-20 minute drive.

Google's directions from the hotel put you on the toll road for one exit. This is kind of a waste. Here's how to get around it.

From the Marriott, cross Stonecroft Blvd. and go straight to go onto Lee Rd. Follow this until it ends at Hwy 50. Turn right on 50. At the second light, turn left on Centreville Rd. Stay on it for 5 miles as it turns into Elden St. When it turns to Elden, after about 1.3 miles turn left on Monroe St (across from Anita's restaurant). And take your next left onto Pine St. Zeffirelli's is about half a block down on the right.

Ashburn, Virginia
9. Re: Wine Expo Feb 9

Oh, just remembered. Try not to let them seat you upstairs. We did that one night to be different and the service was a little slower up there. The service has otherwise always been excellent on the main floor.

10. Re: Wine Expo Feb 9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Chantilly