We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Va Tech ACC's swim meet

Which Blacksburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Va Tech ACC's swim meet

Any good restaurants to recommend? Don't want the usual chain places.

3 replies to this topic
Salem, VA
reviews: 8
1. Re: Va Tech ACC's swim meet

Since the Aquatic Center is in Christiansburg, I'm going to give you a couple of options there, first. Alejandro's Mexican Grill is good and not far at all from the Aquatic Center - address is 1635 N. Franklin Street, C'burg. I'm not sure if you'd call Macado's one of the usual chain restaurants since it's regional. They've got an endless variety of sandwiches and some pretty good entrees, too. The Baja Chicken Soup is delicious and filling – more like a chicken chili. Macado’s address is 19 W. Main Street, C'burg. Probably my favorite restaurant is Amelia's Pizzeria & Restaurant - 1130 Cambria Street Northeast, C’burg. It’s not fancy, just a small family restaurant with lots of garlic-laden goodness.

If you’d rather venture out of Christiansburg, let me know & I’ll give you some options in Blacksburg and Radford.

Go Hokies!

Washington DC...
reviews: 50
2. Re: Va Tech ACC's swim meet

Was there last spring for Swim Meet-here are some of the dining choices we made:

Second the vote for Amelia's it is very good and easy to get to from the pool down Depot Street (back entrance to pool, not off Franklin street). I went in there and ordered to-go food and then went back to the pool to collect swimmers and took food to hotel. Worked out well.

Also had an EXCELLENT meal at Alejandro's. Really enjoyed their salsa bar.

If you cut down Depot street to Cambria and then head east on Roanoake St/450 you come to Due South BBQ. I wrote a review of the place. Good BBQ. Dudes Drive In is right next door-they get good reviews, but we did not go there.

For a nice meal, we took route 114/Peppers Ferry Rd. and headed over towards Radford and then went down Viscoe Rd to River Company Restaurant and Brewery. Place is up on a bluff overlooking the river. Gorgeous views. Had a very nice meal. Was not a very long drive-15 to 20 minutes tops.

Salem, VA
reviews: 8
3. Re: Va Tech ACC's swim meet

Oh! I can't believe I forgot to include Due South! They catered our Christmas party last year and it was fabulous.

If you go to the River Company, be sure to save room for dessert. It sounds bizarre but they make a chocolate cheesecake with stout lager. YUM!

Reply to: Va Tech ACC's swim meet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted