We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nebraska Cornhusker Fan looking for RV parking in Blacksburg

Which Blacksburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glenvil, Nebraska
Nebraska Cornhusker Fan looking for RV parking in Blacksburg

We have purchased tickets for the Nebraska/Virginia

Tech Football Game on September 19, 2009. We also

have purchased tickets for the Nebraska Side Track

Band Concert at Awful Arthurs on September 18, 2009.

We will be making the trip in our small Class C (26')

RV and would like to rent a parking spot close to

these two places as we are not towing a car. VT has

moved all their RV parking spots to the Airport and

most will be taken by those who purchase Season

Parking Passes. We do not need any hookups such as

water or electric for these two days so if someone

wants to rent out their driveway and it is within

walking distance to these two places--let us know.

hagerhouse@gtmc.net Thanks

Salem, VA
reviews: 8
1. Re: Nebraska Cornhusker Fan looking for RV parking in Blacksburg

On behalf of the Hokie Nation, we're glad to have you as our guest in Blacksburg.

After asking around, I quickly realized that the locals have worked out long-standing deals with VT season ticket holders. Someone suggested that you might be able to park in the side lot of the Wal-Mart in Christiansburg and take the bus to Blacksburg. There is a bus stop right in front of the store. For information about Blacksburg Transit, the bus line, call 540-961-1185. Most Wal-Mart stores permit overnight parking. If you want to check first, the number for the Christiansburg Wal-Mart at 2400 North Franklin Street is 540-381-3705. After hitting Awful Arthur’s, you can either take a cab or call the Hooptie Ride (which is kind of fun). Here’s their website: http://www.hooptieride.com/main/index.php.

Safe travels!

SalemVA_Snorkeler

Virginia Tech MPA '02

blacksburg va
reviews: 30
2. Re: Nebraska Cornhusker Fan looking for RV parking in Blacksburg

not an answer to your rv question. but still just wanted to say ill miss seeing all the rvs parked in the commuter lot. felt it added to that football feeling that just makes my day on gameday,eventhough im hardly ever at the games because generally ive got students as employees wjho want to go. so i just listen to the game on my old radio. or close early and watch it on tv.

blacksburg va
reviews: 30
3. Re: Nebraska Cornhusker Fan looking for RV parking in Blacksburg

a friend /customer of ours is involved with the lions club,they like many other organizations in town have parking set ups,ill check when she picks up all her copies that are related to game day parking. I just finished making the red ones for the nebraska game. ill check on the rv situation.

4. Re: Nebraska Cornhusker Fan looking for RV parking in Blacksburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 04, 2010