We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Deals

Which Blacksburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, Virginia
reviews: 13
Hotel Deals

Has anyone EVER gotten a good deal on a hotel in Blacksburg or Christiansburg? I have been trying on priceline and hotwire this year, probably 5 different times and have never been able to snag a room this way. It is so hard to pay so much for a not so nice hotel room. I've checked betterbidding.com and nothing is ever listed there as a 'win' for either of these towns.

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 23
1. Re: Hotel Deals

Unfortunately it's an equation of demand, limited supply and proximity to campus, not of room quality. If you don't mind the drive, Roanoke is 30-45 minutes away and more affordable.

Salem, VA
reviews: 8
2. Re: Hotel Deals

This may be a bit late to help you out, but I concur that to save a lot, you've got to drive a little. I've worked with the Holiday Inn Express in Salem just off of I-81 at exit 137 for meetings. It's not fancy but the rooms are clean and the service is great. From this hotel, it takes about 30 minutes to reach Christiansburg and about 40 to Blacksburg. Whenever there's an event at Tech, you won't find a decent room rate until you hit exit 150 on I-81. In the opposite direction on I-81 you'll find some decent hotels in Dublin at exit 98.

3. Re: Hotel Deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 07, 2009