We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

little rivera

Which Blacksburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 34
little rivera

Has anyone stayed or know of these cabins? we are thinking about renting a cabin/house in bburg for the holidays, but we have terrible allergies so I need something in good shape with no mold etc.

Thanks!

Washington DC...
reviews: 34
1. Re: little rivera

I am replying to my own post in case it is helpful for another person...

The good: the setting for these cabins was great.. right by the river in a valley (NO cell phone reception at all). The house was quaint and the family room was really large. The guest book was filled with compliments and remarks about how the people loved the cottage.

the bad: Since it was Christmas, the cottage had been shut up for almost a month. The heat was only turned on a few hours before we got there. I am extremely sensitive to mold and mildew and in my opinion the house smelled like mold and mildew. I don't know if that was because the house had been shut or something; the owner said he had never had other complaints and perhaps it was the "ozone" smell from the heaters?.. it was an old house, but the smell was more than an old house smell. It is also very close to the river so maybe that added a dank smell to the house? Everyone in the family got a headache from being there so we left and went to a hotel for the night. No one in the guest book mentioned this, so I am not sure what to make of the experience, but I won't stay there again.

The house is quaint and has a lived in look as you can tell from the photos on the website.

After complaining, the owner gave me a refund for the second night that we did not use the house.

2. Re: little rivera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 13, 2009