We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Residence Inn

Which Blacksburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
reviews: 1
Marriott Residence Inn

I am scheduled to stay the the residence inn in Roanoke for parrents weekend at VA Tech. All Blacksburg hotels are booked. Can anyone tell me how far. I am getting different answers from 20 minutes away to 1 hour

New Freedom...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Marriott Residence Inn

Since they have built the new by-pass through Christiansburg, it should take you about 25-30 minutes to get to Roanoke, especially since the Hotel is located right off 581 near the airport (I;m assuming that's the correct one?)...the only reason it would take any longer is if there is a home game that weekend

maryland
reviews: 1
2. Re: Marriott Residence Inn

Yes it is the Marriott Airport Residence Inn. The Comfort Inn in Blacksburg wants to charge an outrageous 235.00 a night (it takes pets and our daughter wants us to bring her dog for parents weekend) but the Marriott is a much nicer hotel but a bit of a drive. If it is less than 1/2 hour it might not be so bad. The front desk at the Marriott said 25 minutes but Mapquest says 55 minutes which is too long.

New Freedom...
3. Re: Marriott Residence Inn

mapquest is way wrong! and get used to prices being jacked up over weekends such as parents weekend if you want to stay in town! Enjoy your stay!

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
4. Re: Marriott Residence Inn

True about the jacked up prices. I just returned from a visit to VT and actually took an afternoon to visit Roanoke. It took about 45 minutes to get to the heart of town. I believe it is almost exactly 40 miles away with a speed limit of 65. Doesn't seem to be any real traffic issues other than the steep hills - LOL!.

Also = I have reservations at the Courtyard Blacksburg for parent's weekend, but I want to stay only Saturday night - current reservations are Friday & Saturday - They won't let me cancel Friday - imposed a two night minimum at their highest rates!

Anybody have any ideas of where we might stay - South of Blacksburg? we're headed to Asheville for two nights after parent's weekend.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 43
5. Re: Marriott Residence Inn

We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in Dublin when we went up for graduation. It's cheaper than in B'burg, but the 2-night minimum might be in effect there too - not sure.

New Freedom...
6. Re: Marriott Residence Inn

You may want to try Dublin or Radford, not sure if you will find too much any further south

Wait till graduation comes around....hotels are definitely at a premium price!

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
7. Re: Marriott Residence Inn

Thanks, Wendymath - I booked a room for one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Dublin. Cancelled my reservation at the Residence Inn Blacksburg - so someone on the waiting list will get a pleasant surprise! Can anyone tell me how crowded it will be in Blacksburg/Christiansburg over parent's weekend? Will it be impossible to get into a restaurant without a reservation or to get service once you get in? Hubby tends to be cranky in crowds and wondering how far to puch the whole parent's weekend thing. Should we just keep driving?LOL!

8. Re: Marriott Residence Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 10, 2009