We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski/snow/romance

Which Waitsfield hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hernando...
reviews: 10
ski/snow/romance

My husband and I have never been skiing and he is really wanting to try it. I am a little weary of it, myself, but am interested in giving it a go.

(I am posting this on a random Forum in Vermont just because it makes you choose a forum. Please direct me if I need to switch forums.)

Plus we'd like to do a bit of everything "wintery" in Vermont..snowshoeing, dogsledding, sleigh riding, sitting by a fire, looking at pretty scenery, etc. We're not familiar with the area at all (from Mississippi). What would be a good area to visit for all of these things in the month of March? Any suggestions for hotels or B&Bs? I usually use Tripadvisor to make our decisions, but I just don't know much about Vermont in general, so it makes it hard to search.

Let me know your ideas.

Waitsfield
Destination Expert
for Waitsfield
reviews: 23
1. Re: ski/snow/romance

deltadarling:

while you can have your vermont experience in many parts of our beautiful state i will talk about the mad river valley area (since that is what i know!). march is a great time, the snow is deep, the sun is warmer and the days are longer. we have many fine b&b's, condos & lodges that have wood burning fireplaces & pretty snowy settings. dog sledding can be arranged easily as can a horse drawn sleigh ride not to mention great snowshoeing. in fact depending on the weekend you can snowshoe during a full moon to a remote cabin for a great dinner...lot's of food & fun!

the mad river valley has great restaurants, classic vermont scenery and friendly warm people. you can learn to ski at either mad river glen or sugarbush. both resorts have great teaching staff and beautiful settings. sugarbush is very modern & highly rated among northeast ski resorts. mad river is a throwback to the older simpler times. a single chair takes skiiers to the summit but they have a lot of beginner terrain too.

have a look. you can pm me if you have other questions.

luke

2. Re: ski/snow/romance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 29, 2011