We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good rooms at the Inn At Stratton??

Which Stratton Mountain hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phildalephia, PA
reviews: 2
Any good rooms at the Inn At Stratton??

Unfortunately, we booked a 3-day trip to Stratton before we read the reviews on Trip Advisor. The Inn sounds just awful - are there any rooms or sections of the hotel that might be better than the others?

We did get a great price...so I guess that old adage you get what you pay for is true.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
reviews: 40
1. Re: Any good rooms at the Inn At Stratton??

can't you cancel and rebook somewhere else? or is it at short notice and the cancellation policy won't allow you without loss of deposit?

Phildalephia, PA
2. Re: Any good rooms at the Inn At Stratton??

We would lose $50.00. Have you ever stayed there? Is it as bad as the other posters indicate?

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
3. Re: Any good rooms at the Inn At Stratton??

I haven't stayed there but reading the reviews on here would make me think twice. You have to ask yourself if three days in a place you hate is worth risking to save $16 a day.

Phildalephia, PA
4. Re: Any good rooms at the Inn At Stratton??

I called the Inn and apparently the room we booked is on the first floor, which is really more of a basement level and the rooms have basement type windows and are pretty subpar all the way around. We paid $100.00 more and got moved to the 3rd floor to a much better room. Its still a great deal since the room rate includes lift tickets and a $25.00 meal coupon too. I'll post after we go and let everyone know the difference in the two types of rooms. We aren't going until March so it will be too late for this ski season, but good to know for next year.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
5. Re: Any good rooms at the Inn At Stratton??

I hope it works out for you. I would have thought though in this economic climate that if you'd spoken to another lodging property they would have "absorbed" the $50 loss of deposit and perhaps matched the price. But do let us know how you get on.

I had been looking for this before I posted earlier...I guess it may be a little late :-)

"It's unwise to pay too much, but it's unwise to pay too little.

When you pay too much you lose a little money, that is all.

When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything,

because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing you bought it to do.

The common law of business prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done.

If you deal with the lowest bidder, it's well to add something for the risk you run.

And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

6. Re: Any good rooms at the Inn At Stratton??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, September 29, 2009