We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a horse drawn sleigh ride company-Stowe

Which Stowe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington, Delaware
reviews: 8
Can anyone recommend a horse drawn sleigh ride company-Stowe

Hi! My family will be traveling to Stowe, Vt for Christmas 2013. We would like to take a quintessential horse drawn sleigh ride. Can anyone recommend a company they've used? I read mixed comments regarding Gentle Giants & saw a website for Sterling Mountain Farm Carriages but would like to get some input from people who have used either company or any other....also if there are any recommendations on where you can cut down a Christmas tree....I would greatly appreciate it! -Kelly

Vermont
reviews: 45
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a horse drawn sleigh ride company-Stowe

I honestly don't know a single local that has taken a sleighride...but I'm sure they do. Perhaps someone will chime in. As for cutting your own tree. For the best experience go to Paine's Christmas Tree Farm on route 100 just about 3 miles from the center of Stowe. Great place, cut your own, will even wrap it and put it on your car for you. You can get hot cider and it really is a great place!

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
reviews: 41
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a horse drawn sleigh ride company-Stowe

I believe Topnotch the place that does horse-drawn carriage rides in the summer - which look good (nice carriages, healthy-looking horses). Guessing they do sleigh rides in winter.

Rochester, NY
reviews: 2
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a horse drawn sleigh ride company-Stowe

We have a second home in Stowe and have taken both Gentle Giants and Stowehof sleigh rides -- we prefer the Stowehof -- it can be tied in with a dinner also -- Stowehof is very much a Vermont Lodge in the woods off Mountain Road. There was another sleigh ride off West Hill Road that a few years ago was really nice -- I don't remember the name or if they are still in business.

reviews: 12
4. Re: Can anyone recommend a horse drawn sleigh ride company-Stowe

I too am looking for a company for my wife and I in February, 2014. I am leaning more toward Sterling Carriage, the ones at Trapp Lodge. Their information is clear and I'm afraid with Gentle Giants that the ride is too short. That's what all the reviews say. I'm going to try to call all three and get more detailed information directly from the sources. Best of luck to you!

Long Branch, New...
reviews: 31
5. Re: Can anyone recommend a horse drawn sleigh ride company-Stowe

My wife and I took a horse drawn sleigh ride at the Stowehof 25 years ago. It was a great experience. I just scheduled another at Stowehof this week. Looking forward to it. You can find Stowehof on the web, call them for their reservations.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
6. Re: Can anyone recommend a horse drawn sleigh ride company-Stowe

hope it's a different horse!!

7. Re: Can anyone recommend a horse drawn sleigh ride company-Stowe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 21, 2014