We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything fun to do in May?

Which Stowe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Longview, Texas
reviews: 23
Anything fun to do in May?

My brother-in-law (in a weak moment) bid on and won a two- night stay in the Trapp Family Inn in a charity auction. His vacation is in May and he and my sister are considering using the voucher then. Is there anything going on in the Stowe area around Memorial Day? They would consider day trips nearby, too, and would probably stay somewhere in the area for more than the two nights that they won. Thanks for any help.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
reviews: 226
1. Re: Anything fun to do in May?

Hi TexasCarolyn,

Tell him to consider a stay in Woodstock VT just over 2 hours south of Stowe down route 100. It is often called one of the 5 prettiest villages in the US. Check out the village website www.woodstockvt.com and May is when the tourist season kicks off, the vegitation starts to sprout into life and it is a wonderful month to visit the State.

2. Re: Anything fun to do in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:57 am, November 20, 2010
Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
reviews: 41
3. Re: Anything fun to do in May?

Lots of great walking and hiking in May (though be careful to avoid wet trails so as not to damage them). The Stowe rec path is superb for walking, blading or biking, with lots of great spots for photos. Lots of little galleries in Stowe and Burlington if that's your thing. Burlington itself (45 min from Stowe) is a great place with lots of rec paths and restaurants. The marathon will make traffic a zoo though.

If it's late May, some of the first flowers and leaves will be coming out, so there may be some pretty scenery around most of the NE.

Enjoy

Longview, Texas
reviews: 23
4. Re: Anything fun to do in May?

Thanks for the ideas. I will pass them along. After researching Stowe, I am wishing I could go along on the trip!

5. Re: Anything fun to do in May?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, March 13, 2010
6. Re: Anything fun to do in May?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 09, 2010