We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation in/around Hyde Park

Which Stowe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, PA
reviews: 10
Transportation in/around Hyde Park

I'm planning a weekend in Hyde Park in Mid-Sept. I thought about taking the train - depot is in Waterbury-Stowe but then there is the last stage of the trip - are taxis available to make this trip?

Would a different railroad station be a better stop?

I'm planning to rent a car but since I'll arrive late at night don't think I could get it then -

Any hints or suggestions?

Burlington, Vermont
reviews: 14
1. Re: Transportation in/around Hyde Park

There are 2 train routes from Pa, to Vermont. The Vemonter and the Ethan Allen routes(only the Vermonter goes to Waterbury). There is a bus line from Waterbury to Morrisville which is 3.5 miles approx away from Hyde Park. The problem is, it only runs Mon-Friday, see(Green Mountain TA) www.gmtaride.org, ,then the Stowe/Lamoille tab for further info. It only runs once in the am and 3 times in the pm (during commuting rush hours)

I think your best bet is to take either the Vermonter to Springfield, Ma and get a rental car there. The train arrives at 3pm, during business hours to get a car.

The Ethan Allen schedule is less consistent, but if you find something there, I would then get a rental car in Albany, NY. (this route doesn't seem to run on Fridays and Saturday schedule looks a lot slower and not compatible with business hours)

If you somehow use GMTA, in Morrisville there is Pierce's Taxi 802-888-4025, and in Hyde Park, County Transportation 802-888-7808.

2. Re: Transportation in/around Hyde Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 31, 2010