We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Highlander Motel 1 Review of serial killers

Which Rutland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
reviews: 3
The Highlander Motel 1 Review of serial killers

We are coming through Rytland next week and are travelling on a budget. I found a room at the Highlander Motel which was pretty much the only place that was reasonably priced being a holiday weekend and a big ski week. Has anyone ever stayed there? I have searched the intenet for reviews and have only come across one. The review I found was probably posted by a teen it said "they kill you there the man with the axe is not friendly and the woman with the ice pic is not nice either." I know this is probably just some kid being a jerk but I will be travelling with my two young kids and I'm nervous now that were either booked at a run down crack head and prostitute motel or worse... Can anyone tell me if they have stayed there and what its like???

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
reviews: 58
1. Re: The Highlander Motel 1 Review of serial killers

I doubt you are going to get an answer to your question from anyone who has stayed at that motel. The fact that it has not been reviewed on TA speaks to that. I looked at their website and it looks like a small locally-owned place from their photos. I've probably driven by it a hundred times and never noticed it because it is small.

How about phoning them and asking them what you asked here? See what they say and if you are comfortable, go for it. If you are not satisfied with the answer you receive, go elsewhere. Or you could head up the road a little north or south to stay in another town. Why Rutland - are you skiing up at Killington?

NY
2. Re: The Highlander Motel 1 Review of serial killers

We are getting married elsewhere in Vermont, Rutland is the half way point between home and our wedding location. We are not having a big wedding just us and our kids we haven't told anyone because we can't afford a big wedding so we are trying to keep our travel cheap, so we can spend our money on more important things.

NY
3. Re: The Highlander Motel 1 Review of serial killers

Apparently someone was offended by my original post and said that I should have it deleted. I wrote because I was curious if anyone had any information on this spot I am not trying to slander the motels name or spread rumours I am just here looking for information. So if you could please help me out by giving me any info on the motel it would be greatly appreciated.

Burlington, Vermont
reviews: 18
4. Re: The Highlander Motel 1 Review of serial killers

I wasn't the individual who complained, but frankly, your lurid and disgusting title to this thread is indeed inappropriate.

5. Re: The Highlander Motel 1 Review of serial killers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Rutland