We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first trip to new england - staying in sunapee

Which Quechee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seal Beach...
reviews: 11
first trip to new england - staying in sunapee

we will be making a short trip oct.3-8 to new england to see the fall foliage. we will be staying in sunapee, new hampshire. can anyone recommend some good driving trips from there. i hear quechee, vermont is nice. would anyone recommend the connecticut river byway and the towns north of hanover? is the "kank" an easy day trip? north conway? i really need to pick up a good book for this and if anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

thanks much.

Burlington, Vermont
reviews: 18
1. Re: first trip to new england - staying in sunapee

The answer to all of your questions is yes.

Quechee is nice, very small, it's a short visit. You might think about driving on to Woodstock, with lots more options.

The towns north of Hanover are lovely, especially along the Connecticut river, such as Orford.

The Kancamagus is a spectacular day trip, and North Conway can be incorporated into the same trip, though be aware the heavy traffic through North Conway will be very very slow that week.

Have fun!

Seal Beach...
reviews: 11
2. Re: first trip to new england - staying in sunapee

thanks, signofthetimes!

i'll add orford to our itinerary. one more question. are there any good apple picking orchards that you'd recommend?

3. Re: first trip to new england - staying in sunapee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Quechee