We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1.5 days in VT. Bennington? Chester? or Manchester?

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
reviews: 34
1.5 days in VT. Bennington? Chester? or Manchester?

If we only have 1.5 days in VT, is it better to visit Bennington Vt. or Chester Vt? We don't have much time & want to make the most of it. THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

San Francisco
21. Re: 1.5 days in VT. Bennington? Chester? or Manchester?

I like your 1st route- the one on 101 to Keene, to Brattleboro & up to Chester, Vt. One question- is it better to take 93 out of Boston or Hgwy 3 out of Boston. Looks like both of them hook up with 101.

The rest of it looks OK on the map. Hgwy 101 and Hgwy 9 don't look like major thoroughfares. They're not 2-lane highways, are they?

Burlington, Vermont
reviews: 18
22. Re: 1.5 days in VT. Bennington? Chester? or Manchester?

Rt. 101 is 4 lanes from the NH seacoast to Manchester NH, interstate-quality. After that, it's two lanes but very good two lanes for the most part. The only slow part may be near Dublin.

Rt. 9 is fine between Keene and Brattleboro, two lanes, but it's 55mph all the way, and only 20 miles in length anyway.

San Francisco
23. Re: 1.5 days in VT. Bennington? Chester? or Manchester?

YOU ARE AWESOME. Thank you so much. I've got it all mapped out. I really appreciate all the time you took to give me such great directions. Will let you know...if they ever come back....how they did. You know 2 men in a car. They could end up anywhere....

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
reviews: 40
24. Re: 1.5 days in VT. Bennington? Chester? or Manchester?

if they do stop in Walpole they should check out Burdicks chocolate shop. probably the yummiest belgian type chocolate in the area! I think they should at least bring you back a present for all the research you've done for them:-)

San Francisco
25. Re: 1.5 days in VT. Bennington? Chester? or Manchester?

I know!! I am also doing the same for my 80 yr. old dad who is taking a 3 week trip.and is leaving in a few days. I ought to get some commission, I swear.

I hope there are enough things on this route to keep them occupied. I would love to just see beautiful scenery - that would be enough for me. I think that seeing Chester & then going onto the Adirondacks Park (I'm sending them to a Ausable Chasm) should keep them busy & happy. Trying to figure out once they leave the Adirondacks, I wanted to send them through Amish country in PA, but it seems that that is only in the south in Lancaster Co. Are there any Amish areas further north? They are headed back to NYC at that point. Do you know anything about that area?

26. Re: 1.5 days in VT. Bennington? Chester? or Manchester?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, September 11, 2009