We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Ludlow, VT

Which Ludlow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 23
Restaurants in Ludlow, VT

We'll be staying at Okemo for a few days and would like advice on the restaurants in Ludlow. We've had pizza delivered from Wicked Good Pizza and thought it was just OK. We'd like a casual place that has a kid friendly menu. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Long Island, NY
11. Re: Restaurants in Ludlow, VT

Have been going to Okemo for 30 years now ( I am 36 with three little ones) and can make a few suggestions: Best prime rib on earth= DJ's. It is casual with a great salad bar and a diverse menu, none of which strayus too far off the beaten path. Nice for kids with the salad bar and "ambient noise". Sam's Steakouse also has a salad bar and a good basic menu- but they don't take reservations. Pot Belly is good for kids with nice dinner menu and all the basics (wings, burgers, soups, etc). Taco Taco is good and has a few tables to eat in. If you can ditch the kids and bring a jacket and tie - go to The Castle :five stars, old mansion with 20 foot ceilings, mahogony walls, and a piano player in the "library" while you have your cocktails or after dinner drinks! Hope this helps -Matt from Long Island

Vermont
reviews: 11
12. Re: Restaurants in Ludlow, VT

I live in Mt. Holly, just moved last April from Boston. It's difficult to find decent restaurants here. You need to be willing to travel a little to find worthwhile resto's here. I do not recommend DJ's. Old NE menu with limited choices, more for old folks who like scrod. The Killarney is good, has yummy burgers. Also, if you are willing to travel about 15 min North on 103, take a left onto 140, The Pub in Wallingford (not real kid friendly, although have seen kids there) serves really great pannini. The menu is limited, but, the atmosphere and crowd are awesome. Feels like I'm back in the city here. As for pizza, wicked good is wicked bad, Woodman's is filthy. I would never eat food from there. Village Pizza is a little further south on 103, across from the high school. A large pie is rather small, so order accordingly. If you want a real treat, go north into Rutland and check out Gil's, they make AMAZING subs. Definitely go with the cold cuts rather than the hot subs. Don't bother with Tapas in Rutland, another filthy establishment with cafeteria food. Harry's in Mt Holly is good (about 10 min north on 103 on the right), very kid friendly, check out their website. The place doesn't look like much on the outside, but, the menu is very diverse with much more interesting food than any other place around.

Will post again once we try more places. Good luck!!

Long Island, NY
13. Re: Restaurants in Ludlow, VT

I have never seen scrod on the menu, and had dinner there New years Eve - awesome. Again the best Prime rib on earth, huge, cooked to perfection. Had great crab bisque and portobello mushroom soup. The kids had penne with marinara sauce - You are right in that the menu is surely not extravagant, but more standard with chicken parm, great steaks, veal, chicken dishs - I would give it another shot if I were you...Matt

Vermont
reviews: 11
14. Re: Restaurants in Ludlow, VT

Honestly, I have only eaten at DJ's once, and wasn't impressed.

People around here really do seem to like it. We might give it another shot, but, the decor does really turn me off to this place. When we went, I wanted to eat in the bar, but, it was full so we ended up in the dining room and couldn't order from the bar menu. That was also a turn off. We'll be checking out Cappucino's next I think, then Bear Creek, and Echo Lake Inn. You really should check out Harry's though. The service was a little slow, the food was good, better than most around.

Have you eaten at The Loft??

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
reviews: 35
15. Re: Restaurants in Ludlow, VT

The Loft is wonderful sort of a "bar" feel but cosy and comfortable enough. Great quality and reasonable prices..the owner is quite a character :-)

16. Re: Restaurants in Ludlow, VT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 14, 2009