We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Cabin at Plymouth Park

Which Ludlow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern VA
Info on Cabin at Plymouth Park

Hi there!

We are coming up to Vermont and staying in one of the cabins at Plymouth park for a whole week!!!! I cannot wait! I have only ever been to VT in the winter - cannot wait to see what the summer holds! My husbands aunt and uncle own a cabin in Cavendish, so I have been in the area!

Anyway - anyone have any info on the cabins? I can't find anything online - what are they like, washing machine - doubt it right? microwave? tv? any chance of wireless internet access there?

We are heading up there from VA on Sat 7/14 - its almost 100 degrees during the day here - what's it like there - and just how cold do the nights get?

Thanks so much!

Lisa

Northern VA
1. Re: Info on Cabin at Plymouth Park

well - we are back!!! I didn't get any responses before I left - but thats ok! So I thought I would answer my own post in case anyone else has the same questions!

First - our week was FABULOUS!!! It rained quite a bit, but didn't dampen our spirits a bit!

Camp Plymouth is just WONDERFUL and so are the Rangers who work there - I miss being there so much!

SO the cabins! there are 4 our families rented 3 of them and somehow my immediate family of 4 lucked out with the nicest of the all - Maple - so ask for that one if you go - it is newer/redone on the inside;

So you walk on to the screened in porch - a chipmunk greeted us at the door after our 14 hour drive from VA! then you walk into a nice sized family room which has a chair, pull out couch, a lamp and overhead light - NO TV as my 6 yr old screamed - we didn't need it too much t do outside in lovely weather!

then to the kitchen - nice - full table and 4 chairs, cabinets with plates, pots, cups etc; a MICROWAVE!!! toaster over and coffeepot; no dishwasher or washing machine dryer - no biggie it is camping right!

2 bedrooms - one with 2 twin beds and a chest of drawers and big closet - OH bring hangers its nice to hang your stuff up!

the other 1 queen bed, chest of drawers nightstand and lamp - both with over head lights.

bathroom - nice - the shower is small - ladies hard to shave! but very nice - they do provide the TP, but bring some from home for better quality!

you need to bring sheets and towels - they provide the blankets and comforters - BOY does it ever get cold at night!

a lot of out family camped in tents and they have pits in the back of each cabin - so we had a bonfire every night; this was the best vacation ever; we rode our bikes; canoes - part of the cabin rental! oh they have adult life vests, but you need to bring your own for kids.

I LOVE Vermont - I would move there, but I can't take the winters - nice for a visit, but I dont even think I could do it in exchange for the awesome summer weather!

ok long enough!

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
reviews: 40
2. Re: Info on Cabin at Plymouth Park

thank you for such a brilliant response. I had been trying to get up to Plymouth to check these out for you but somehow never found the time. It is my fav place to spend a sunny day. The lake is awesome and as you said the guys there are very friendly and helpful. And now I know the answer for the next person that asks about the cabins perhaps I can hang on to my "local expert!" title :-)

3. Re: Info on Cabin at Plymouth Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 04, 2009