We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new life hiking spa

Which Killington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boulder, Colorado
reviews: 36
new life hiking spa

Has any one been to New Life Hiking Spa recently? I am considering a trip in August. Any comments?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
reviews: 17
1. Re: new life hiking spa

I think you should do a search.

Boulder, Colorado
2. Re: new life hiking spa

thank you

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
reviews: 62
3. Re: new life hiking spa

There were a couple of conversations about this place in the last few years, so doing a search in the forum will yield those discussions. Here's one: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g57302-i1302-k3773…

Boulder, Colorado
4. Re: new life hiking spa

thank you!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
reviews: 82
5. Re: new life hiking spa

I am going for opening day this year. It is my second trip. I love it there. It is holistic and friendly and without a lot of fussiness. This is a fitness spa and not a luxury spa. All fitness levels are included. There are three or four hiking expedtions every morning, group fitness classes in the afternoon and lectures in the eve. There are massages every three days included. The meals are delicious and healthy. The fee is very modest. Check spafinder.com for reviews. It is not fancy but, if you are budget conscious and serious about increasing your fitness level and altering your lifestyle, it definitely fits the bill.

Boulder, Colorado
6. Re: new life hiking spa

Thanks, sounds like just what I'm looking for. I was unsure prior, several bad reviews, yours ,however sounds more realistic--I'll give it a try, Thanks!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
7. Re: new life hiking spa

I had an awesome time this year. I got a jump start on my fitness goals, altered my diet and feel more positive and motivated about intense exercise. The weather was great. The people were really very nice. The meals were delish and modest. I lost 5 lbs. in 11 days.

Temecula, California
reviews: 1
8. Re: new life hiking spa

I am also thinking of booking a last minute trip for my husband and myself and unsure about prior reviews. Not worried about things being dated but want something clean and the pool to be in working order plus they said that the physical fitness equipment was very outdated and the place was for sale. Wondering if anything has changed since then. How many people in a group that stay at once? $400 for a couple is expensive per night if things are old and not working but good if everything is clean and in working order.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
9. Re: new life hiking spa

Hello, I was just notified that you had posted to the forum about this place. I haven't been to other places. When I was there, the outdoor pool was fixed and filled but no one used it because it was too cold. The indoor pool is ok for some lap swimming if you want. But generally, the program is a hiking program with afternoon fitness activities in a tent behind the hotel looking toward the mountains. The fitness activities were more than adequate for me: morning yoga stretches, fitness ball, weight training, aqua exercises (the best and most vigorous I have ever done), various kinds of exercise dance classes like zumba, afternoon yoga, spinning etc., three meals a day of healthy organic food are included and evening nutrition classes as well as a free massage every three days and several different types. If you want you can look it up on spafinders.com and see how it ranks compared to the others. Plenty of reviews there. I am not sure where else you can find such an array of fitness actitities for the cost. The weight room is nothing to write home about but who would want to go out of their way to spend time indoors doing the usual that they can do all winter in a gym. Our bodies need variation. I went there to improve my fitness level and I would go again though this year I have other vacation spots in mind. I am a bit rattled that TA does not have this program listed under activities. To put it under hotels is misleading. The fitness program is an excellent one and shouldn't be equated as all about the hotel. I think there are between 20 and 30 people staying at a time. But the guide to guest ratio seems appropriate. People tend to clique together quickly and meals are served family style at several round tables so you feel like you are part of a great big family and make friends quickly.I would definitely suggest that if you are not into really doing vigorous hikes, and doing a lot of group fitness activity - the program isn't regimented, definitiely soft sell - then it is not for you. Or if you are a stickler for immaculate surroundings or want a separate table all to yourselves and don't want to be that close to others, forget it. This is definitely for fitness buffs of mild to moderate fitness levels with a few of us overweight lapsed exercisers thrown in and not a luxury spa.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
10. Re: new life hiking spa

I just went to spafinders.com and was shocked to find that the business had been yelped and none of the reviews that had been there last year were there this year. Frankly, I think there is something problematic about what is going on. There have been a variety of opinions about a variety of places sprinkled throughout most reviewing sites. Why this particular place is being evaluated in this manner I do not know but I am suspicious about competitors bashing. I think I will get in touch with some of the other people who have gone there not once but several times and ask them to post their opinion and ask TA once again to put this under attractions and activities and not under hotels.