We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burlington for 2 nights

Which Burlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge...
reviews: 1
Burlington for 2 nights

We will be flying into Burlington on October 5th - looks like a late arrival. Please recommend a nice place (moderate price range) to stay for two nights in Burlington. I would like to stay at three different locations between Burlington and Westin during our seven day trip. Does anyone have suggestions on what towns to stay in.

Will we be sorry that we do not go to other parts of the state during our stay. I am thinking that we may not want to hurry through our trip by trying to cover everything. Any thoughts on that?

This is a different type vacation for us and it seems to be harder for me to plan. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
reviews: 41
1. Re: Burlington for 2 nights

Hmm.... That will be PEAK tourist season, since the fall foliage will draw tons of visitors to the state. What kind of price per nite do you consider 'moderate'? The only 2 large hotels in downtown BTV are the Hilton and the Marriott - both are in the $200/nite range, unless you have a corporate rate. Other hotels a couple of miles from downtown at likely to be in the $150 range (maybe slightly less). Other budget places are also available - like Motel 6 in Colchester (~10 miles away).

Baton Rouge...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Burlington for 2 nights

Thanks for your reply. I hope we can find rates at or below $200 per night for our seven nights. I will try the Marriott and skymiles discount. Do you think a bed and breakfast would be a better idea in Burlington. We are hoping to stay in those on the other nights in smaller towns.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
reviews: 41
3. Re: Burlington for 2 nights

A B&B would likely be cheaper. I'm not personally familiar with any in BTV, but perhaps others on the forum can comment. Most of the B&Bs that I'm aware of in downtown BTV will be in the 'hill section' of town - which is ~8+ blocks from the center of town and the nearby waterfront (where the Hilton and Marriott are). There are a bunch of lower-cost hotels & motels as well, like the Anchorage Motor Inn, etc...

4. Re: Burlington for 2 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 12, 2014