We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burlington to Montreal

Which Burlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york, ny
Burlington to Montreal

My girlfriend and I will be in Burlington Oct 5-8. We're thinking of going to Montreal for part of the trip. Any suggestions for B&B's nearby or along the way, and places to see the foliage?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
reviews: 32
1. Re: Burlington to Montreal

Burlington to Montreal is only 1.5 hours (if you go the direct route), not including border waits. I'd suggest you stay right in Montreal.

My favorite route to Montreal is to take Route 2 up through the Champlain Island and cross the border at Alburgh/Noyon. From there, there a bunch of back roads you can explore on your way up to Montreal.

If you do decide to visit Montreal, be sure to bring your passports, or if you don't have them, bring a certified copy of your birth certificate as well as a photo ID. This will make your border crossings much more pleasant ;)

new york, ny
2. Re: Burlington to Montreal

Terrific - thank you!

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
reviews: 32
3. Re: Burlington to Montreal

Given your dates, you are probably not going to see too much foliage in the Burlington/champlain Islands area yet. Still a bit early.

I'd head east into the Green Mountains for foliage. There northern half of Route 100 should have good color (basically Warren/Waitsfield north).

4. Re: Burlington to Montreal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:35 am, October 08, 2009