We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants/Bars/Nightlife in Snowbird/Alta

Which Snowbird hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Clemente...
reviews: 2
Restaurants/Bars/Nightlife in Snowbird/Alta

Hi

We are planning a group trip for my husband's 40th bday in January and we are thinking of Snowbird/Alta, but don't know much about the area because we've never been and we wanted to try a new resort. My husband is an expert skier, I'm intermediate at best. We understand the skiing is decent, but I'm curious about the nightlife...is there any? We aren't expecting Vail or Park City, but are there many good restaurants and bars -outside of the ones at the hotels? We were hoping the town isn't too sleepy..?

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 192
1. Re: Restaurants/Bars/Nightlife in Snowbird/Alta

There are great restaurants and a few bars although most are at the hotels. Cliff Lodge in the Snowbird complex is the largest with several reasonable restaurant choices. Alta Lodge and Peruvian are two good choices at Alta but both are pretty much old style lodges. Shallow Shaft is a decent hangout at Alta.

All in all, going to Alta and Snowbird is about the skiing. You'll find diverse terrain. If he's an expert, go for it - he'll love it. But don't make nightlife and dining a major part. There's sufficient and you'll be fine, but it's not the same as Park City or Vail.

Have fun.

alvinut
2. Re: Restaurants/Bars/Nightlife in Snowbird/Alta

Alta/Snowbird offer what is arguably the best combination of consistent snow and steep terrain in north america. But just to make clear, there is NO town in little cottonwood canyon. All the nightlife and dining is centered around the hotels and lodges at the base of the resorts. Also, keep in mind that all the lodges at Alta are all-inclusive. If you want a ski town, definitely go to Park City. LCC is an easy day trip.

USA
reviews: 3
3. Re: Restaurants/Bars/Nightlife in Snowbird/Alta

Snowbird/Alta will be great skiing for your husband with a lot of expert runs. They are not the best for intermediate runs. Park City and Deer Valley are better for that. And no, there are not many bar/restaurant options outside of the hotels/resorts.

Reply to: Restaurants/Bars/Nightlife in Snowbird/Alta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted