We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowbird: few questions

Which Snowbird hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Snowbird: few questions

I am heading out there with 10 year old twins. Should I rent a car or is there a shuttle service for getting to restaurants, etc? Staying at "Iron Lodge". Also, what else to do besides ski?

Thanks

Salt Lake City, UT
reviews: 15
1. Re: Snowbird: few questions

How long will you be staying? And do you plan to leave the Snowbird resort for restaurants or stay within the property? If you're staying within Snowbird, no need for a car. BUT, if you plan to leave Little Cottonwood Canyon, you might want to rent a car. There is a very reliable bus that runs up and down the canyon, if you wanted to leave Snowbird and venture up to Alta, for example. But the bus could get cumbersome if you wanted to get down the canyon and go anywhere else. Also, keep in mind that the canyon can be restricted to 4WD or chains, AND can close, quite easily if it's snowing. So it also depends on how comfortable you'd be driving in that kind of situation??? Good luck!

Washington DC...
2. Re: Snowbird: few questions

We are there for 7 days. I wasn't going to leave the Canyon if we did not need to...if there are enough restaurants to try...would it get boring being at Snowbird the whole time?

Salt Lake City, UT
reviews: 15
3. Re: Snowbird: few questions

That's such an individual preference and would probably yield very different opinions from people. Personally, when my husband and I are on vacation at a ski resort we want to ride all day, and use the property for hot tubs and a decent meal in the evening. So, I personally wouldn't get "bored" with a week at Snowbird (and going to Alta, too). But with your 10 year olds, I'm not sure? But with that being said, I'm not sure what "things" nearby you'd drive too, either? Don't know if I'm helping or harming your decision at this point! :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 47
4. Re: Snowbird: few questions

Have spent 6 nights at the Cliff and never felt the need to go down the hill to eat. We enjoyed all the restraunt choices at Snowbird and Alta. We rented a car because for us it was much cheaper then airport shuttle. And we did go down the mountain to rent skies and shop.

5. Re: Snowbird: few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 11, 2013