We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed Bugs

Which Sandy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Bed Bugs

Has anyone heard of bed bugs being reported at the Marriott Residence Inn in Sandy, UT?

South Carolina
1. Re: Bed Bugs

How about anywhere else near by? I have thought about that while planning this trip!

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
reviews: 65
2. Re: Bed Bugs

That's pretty funny. I would think you'd have to worry about that all over the US!

St. Louis, MO
3. Re: Bed Bugs

If I was traveling all over the US, I would be worried, but I'm only planning on being in Sandy, UT in the near future, so just info on that area for now. Thanks.

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
4. Re: Bed Bugs

Do you have a list of hotels with reported bed bugs? I would love to have that information for my travels.

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
reviews: 46
5. Re: Bed Bugs

I wouldn't mind betting that every single hotel in the US (or anywhere else) has at least some rooms with "bed bugs". Given the nature of hotels how is it possible to avoid them?

Bob Palin

killer@bobpalin.com

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
6. Re: Bed Bugs

I never really thought about it before...then after seeing this post...I googled ''bed bugs''...astounding! Apparently, with certain chemical pesticides being removed from the market-the little critters are all over the place-even in nicer hotels. I guess I have something else to worry about now while traveling and will be checking under the sheets before I slumber.

Las Vegas...
reviews: 8
7. Re: Bed Bugs

We in Las Vegas have had bed bugs reported. I travel a lot and it just makes me shudder!!!

You might try the health district for the county...Salt Lake County isn't it? Any establishment that has bed bugs (we've seen them in upscale hotels and divey/low budget motels as well as in some low income apartment buildings) has to file a report with the health district. At least they do here in Nevada.

Sweet Dreams...yeah right!

Columbus, Ohio
8. Re: Bed Bugs

I don't know about the Residence Inn, but the Comfort Suites (on auto mall dr in Sandy) has had a problem recently. I stayed their two nights (4/9-10/06) and switched rooms after finding one (possible) bed bug, then I found another in the new room so I went to a different hotel. The person at the front desk said the pest control people had recently been there and admitted that they'd "had a problem on the 2nd floor" but that's all they knew of. They were nice and refunded my room rate. I moved over to the Hampton Inn which was very clean and bug free!

Fair Lawn, New...
reviews: 9
9. Re: Bed Bugs

We have reservations at the Comfort Inn on Automall Dr for this coming Aug. After reading these posts I'm thinking of changing. Which Hampton Inn did you stay at?

Blackwood, NJ
10. Re: Bed Bugs

Saw this thread before my trip to SLC but stayed at the Comfort Suites in Sandy anyway. I did a very thorough inspection of the beds upon arrival and found no trace of bugs. We stayed on the third floor. Room was extremely clean...staff accomodating/breakfast great/location was wonderful.

Just be sure to do an inspection before you settle in...just in case.

Get answers to your questions about Sandy
More Sandy Topics