We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the mayan restaurant

Which Sandy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
gquil
the mayan restaurant

Has anyone gone to the Mayan lately ? is food bad and pricely ? I.vwe heard the atmosphere is nice for kids.

Orem, Utah
reviews: 10
1. Re: the mayan restaurant

I haven't been there in awhile but the atmosphere is great. The food was really bad when it opened but then they got a new head chef and it got a lot better. I haven't been there for a few years so i wouldn't know as of right now.

Salt Lake City
reviews: 6
2. Re: the mayan restaurant

It's still there, so it can't be that bad. Kids get a real kick out of it. I hadn't heard about a new chef. I think Utahns are kind of spoiled because we have several really good Mexican restaurants here and so anything that is just O.K. gets bad reviews.

Orem, Utah
reviews: 10
3. Re: the mayan restaurant

The new chef was probably 4-5 years ago and I've been there once since. Sorry bout that.

Utah
4. Re: the mayan restaurant

It has changed several times over the years, the worst of times was when they tried to do the buffet style, Atmospere has always been the drawing card as it is a very fun experience. As for the food they still need a lot of work, the last time I ate there they didn't even carry Jalapenoes and they don't offer any of the hotter sauces and the food is very mild spiced. I only go the Mayan now to show it to someone who has never been otherwise there are too many other mexican restraunts that do a much better job with the food quality and choices.

utah
reviews: 102
5. Re: the mayan restaurant

The Mayan is in a mall, in a theater complex I have to say it seems like kids like it, maybe go to their website, as an adult without kids, wouldn't be my choice, but how great for parents with other kids, who have parents with other kids.

6. Re: the mayan restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sandy
More Sandy Topics