We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportatn to ST G from LAS

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 2
Transportatn to ST G from LAS

I am looking at options including the shuttles for this trip, I found Greyhound from LAS, has anyone used it and where does it drop you off in STG

Do you know of a way to get from the strip to St G without having to go back to the airport.

One way car rentals are crazy prices

I assume ST G is walkable I an having trouble figuring that out. Say if we were staying in Best western can we walk downtown

Edited: 1:44 pm, March 26, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 88
1. Re: Transportatn to ST G from LAS

I would not suggest using the Greyhound bus. Where its located in Las Vegas is kind of a not so nice area. Also bus service is not what it used to be, and not likely to be that pleasant. JMO.

The St George Shuttle is a good option, and will pick up at the Airport. I believe they will also pick up wherever you need them to for an extra fee likely.

Downtown St George is smaller, but things can be somewhat spread out depending on what you want to do. If you can share some of what you may want to do, we can help you better. And, what Best Western were you refering to? There are lots of them!

Not sure why you wouldnt just want to rent a Car, and then use it in St George. Is this a one way trip for some reason?

Boston
reviews: 2
2. Re: Transportatn to ST G from LAS

We are staying at the Best W Abbby, only 1 night and then going on a bike trip, thus no need for the car

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 88
3. Re: Transportatn to ST G from LAS

Are you planning on going back to Las Vegas after your bike trip?

The Best Western Abby Inn is a very nice well rated Hotel. But it is kind of on the far side of Downtown with not as much around it as far as any shopping goes.

Black Bear Diner is a great standard food place to eat and pretty inexpensive, in pretty close walking distance from the Abby Inn ( about a 4 min walk or so) They often have a line out the door, but even so, waiting is usually only about 15 min or less.

Basically the main road for downtown is E. St George Blvd. Alot of Restaurants are also located on S. River Road along with some shopping in that area. There are small shops on St George Blvd that would be walkable.

So it would depend on what you were looking to do. If you want to be close to some small shops then you may want to switch to St George Blvd. The Best Western Travel Inn, or even Best Western Coral Hills would be a little more central for you.

There are actually lots of interesting things to do in St George. Renting a Car for the day is the better option. I would assume though that there would be public Bus transport of some kind to get you around to what you may want to see, but Im not as familiar with that, sorry. Your Hotels actually may have the best info.

Heres a good list of top 10 things to do in St George and the area around it to give you some idea of whats offered. There are alot of interesting things in the area, that may make it worth renting a car for a day.

They have alot of interesting historic homes that have also been well preserved. Such as the Brigham Young Home which is my personal favorite as it has very nice woodworking and carvings.

http://www.utah.com/stgeorge/

4. Re: Transportatn to ST G from LAS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 28, 2015