We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places for drinks?

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City, Utah
reviews: 8
Places for drinks?

Hello TA friends - my wife and I will be coming down to St George from SLC in late March to meet some friends that are driving in from the L.A. area ... we are staying at a relative's condo, and will spend most of our time hiking and/or playing golf. That being said, we like to have a few beers now and then, and would like to know where the best place to go and hang out for a night might be. We are all kind of beer geeks - no PBR or Miller Lite for us, we are the quality over quantity types. Suggestions for a non-chain place or is this type of thing pretty non-existent in SG?

5 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
reviews: 11
1. Re: Places for drinks?

St. george doesn't have a ton of places to grab drinks. Mostly restaurants and mostly chains. If you feel like hopping over to the zion area (Springdale) you might have better luck.

Salt Lake City, Utah
reviews: 8
2. Re: Places for drinks?

Hmmm... now you have me thinking of skipping by St. George and just doing Vegas.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
3. Re: Places for drinks?

While its true there is not much of a Bar Scene in St George, its still a nice place to visit, and stay.

Heres a few options for a restaurant/Bar combo for you, the best one I think is the Sports Players Grill likely from what I hear.

Chilies(open till 11pm on weekdays and 12pm on weekends) , the Pasta Factory, Players Sports Grill, Olive Garden, Wingers of St George.

As far as Springdale goes you may have some better options if they are open yet in later March.

St. George, Utah
reviews: 2
4. Re: Places for drinks?

Tough question!! Residing here in ST.GEO, there are a few options. If you like a sports bar/grill, Iggy's, Players, Buffalo Wings are good choices. They offer big screen TV's and bigger than average bar accommodations. If you're not a sports nut , GEORGE'S, Applebee's, Olive Garden would mostly likely satisfy your needs. Hope this gives you enough info and good luck on your golf game.

saint george, utah
reviews: 1
5. Re: Places for drinks?

Try Bout Time Pub &Grub.

Reply to: Places for drinks?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted