We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocating to St. George

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cedarburg, WI
reviews: 23
Relocating to St. George

Hi all!

I am looking to relocate to southern Utah and I think St. George would be the best place since it is the largest city with more possibilities for job opportunities. I'm going out in early September to check out the city. I've been to Utah last year and drove around most of the state. I fell in love with the state and the natural beauty and have nothing holding me where I am now.

I have 8 years experience in banking so I think I would start looking for jobs in that industry.

What is living in St. George like? I'm from a town of 11,000 people and I do like small, downtown-y areas.

How are the variety of apartments?

I noticed there is a college there....is it a college-town?

Why should I move there!? :)

THanks for the advice!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
1. Re: Relocating to St. George

Not sure how much info I can give you about actually renting somewhere in St George, since Im not that familiar with Real Estate pricing ect in the area. I dont know about availability of apartments, but there are some. You would really want to talk to a realitor in the area who could help you more with that aspect.

I can tell you that St George is a great place to pick to live though. Lots to do in the area, Zion National Park is about a 1 hour drive, Snow Canyon, Pine Valley, and alot of biking trails and hiking trails in the area. The area has a fun vibe downtown really since it gets alot of visitors for various Marathons, School Compeitions, Art shows ect. It has enough going on to keep things interesting, but not overly so imo.

Downtown St George is just a small portion of the sprawling valley which encompasses alot of outer areas around it such as Ivins, Hurricane, Bloomington, Santa Clara, Washington Ect. all of which have good areas to live in.

There is a College in Downtown St George, and alot of things do revolve around it, but the areas are too spread out for the whole area to really be called a "college town" imo.

Edited: 9:34 pm, August 07, 2013
2. Re: Relocating to St. George

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:43 am, August 08, 2013