We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In St George now-advice for family?

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
In St George now-advice for family?

So much to see...staying in Entrada, looking for flatish bike trails and good place to float/swim and cool down for a family. Heading to Tuachan, Bryce, Zion,Vegas and North rim - in between that looking to cool off and relax. Ivins reservoir any good?

Best Mexican recommendation and ice cream please.

many thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
21,995 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: In St George now-advice for family?

I know very little about the Ivins Reservoir, except to say its not impressive as far as Im aware. I dont think swimming is really an option.

You might try some of these others mentioned, some of which are close to St George, and you could at least get wet there. But keep in mind that there are not usually white sandy beaches, alot of these areas are set up for fishing and watercraft mostly.

http://dostgeorge.com/lakes-reservoirs.html

There quite alot to keep you busy in the St George area, heres a list of top 10 things, which includes Pine Valley which is one of my favorite places to visit and is about a 45 min drive with much cooler weather, a nice reservoir ( not for swimming) with fish and beautiful scenery. There is a nice Creek though that children can play in at the Camp grounds and on Whipple trail.

Good Mexican food..... Cafe Rio. Best Icecream place is Nielsen's Frozen Custard... be prepared to wait they are always busy.

The Painted Pony is also a very nice sit down restaurant. The Black Bear diner has some of the best inexpensive standard food available. They are also always busy, but usually only about a 15 min wait even with a line out the door. Great Service as well.

This is a good thread on biking in the area. You are close to some of the best trails for biking. But, that could only be done in the early morning hours, its just usually too hot any other time of day right now.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g57119-i1379-k5115…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
21,995 posts
91 reviews
2. Re: In St George now-advice for family?

Kneaders bakery is also very good for soup and sandwiches, and has amazing breads and desserts. I also really like the Taco Time which is just going to be a fast food type of place, but the people who own it use fresh ingredients in thier tacos ect, they are very good.

Keep in mind that St George can be busy this time of year, so the better places to eat are busy. You would want to eat dinner as early as possible, around 4 pm or so to avoid the crowds that come out at night especially on weekends.

Edited: 8:44 pm, August 05, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: In St George now-advice for family?

Thanks for the info, beautiful place. Any handcyclists out there?

4. Re: In St George now-advice for family?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. George